the official arborist site work saw build off

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Allowing 365's and 2171's doesn't make it any more difficult or unfair.
You would have more then in a position to be able to compete. That would be more fair.

To help keep an even field against the "racey" saws, use larger hardwood.

I agree with this. If the saw is built by the same company, samr internals, same cylinder, just different name, then why could'nt it be allowed? 2171 and 372xp is the same saw except for the name. Not trying to be difficult. JMO. I think it would give alot more guys a chance to find a saw. More choices.

I agree with this. If the saw is built by the same company, samr internals, same cylinder, just different name, then why could'nt it be allowed? 2171 and 372xp is the same saw except for the name. Not trying to be difficult. JMO. I think it would give alot more guys a chance to find a saw. More choices.

Yep, through arrogance it is showing bias toward experienced builders. Shame really as it could have been a good "official arboristsite worksaw build off" .

i can assure you that there is no arrogance or bias on my part and i take exception to that being said.i tried to place this one on a one saw only deal so that folks could not say its not apples to apples. frankly i dont care which you use as a foundation as long as the same chassis and crank with same 50mm cylinder. you know you have to have some sort of rules and thats what i came up with if any one else wants to take over and host this be my guest. im trying to be as neutral as switzerland here.

i can assure you that there is no arrogance or bias on my part and i take exception to that being said.i tried to place this one on a one saw only deal so that folks could not say its not apples to apples. frankly i dont care which you use as a foundation as long as the same chassis and crank with same 50mm cylinder. you know you have to have some sort of rules and thats what i came up with if any one else wants to take over and host this be my guest. im trying to be as neutral as switzerland here.

I don't mean anything by my opinion man. I was just making a suggestion that could help out. Maybe weighing some opinions and/or putting them to vote could make it better for everyone. I know your rules have been laid out, and it's your party. I just thought you may want to hear out some opinions. If not, thats okay too. Rock on! :rock:

im open to opinion and suggestion but when im said to be leaning toward one party rather than the other i draw a line in the sand. any one that knows me knows im as fair as it gets and will do most anything to accomidate others. i host these gtgs for everyone to enjoy and have a good time not for proffit or prejidious against anyone.

If you did allow the jonsered cousins in it might let a few more people come play in the build off. As long as they use the 50mm topend I wouldn't have a problem with it. I hope to get a saw to enter in this myself whether it be a jonsered or husky.

im open to opinion and suggestion but when im said to be leaning toward one party rather than the other i draw a line in the sand. any one that knows me knows im as fair as it gets and will do most anything to accomidate others. i host these gtgs for everyone to enjoy and have a good time not for proffit or prejidious against anyone.

Well instead of running it like a politician, listen to the people and respond accordingly.

Naturally the experienced will be offered saws/parts, not the less experienced so being relaxed as far as the brand/bottom end etc will help others.

I mean really, who would have a problem if the bottom end was from a 365 or the plastics red?

50mm only, fair enough and sure you have to have rules.

The idea of a build off is a great thing, but make the official arboristsite site build be just that.

Sounds good. i never said anything about biased so I take it you werent pointing that at me. It did seem as if the rules were set in stone though. I figured it would be better if it were open to discussion some. Most of the rules look good, but some tweaking never hurt anything if it's the best for all involved. Carry on! :msp_thumbsup:

Last edited:
Terry, you may need 40 acres just for parking.lol Where is this world record breaking GTG going to be held at?, for those that didn't come last time. It should be one heck of a good time, lot of good info will be flowing.

this will be at the same address as last time for the ones that came and for the new guys it 103 duncan woods rd 37840

What County are you in Terry? I'm in SW Va. We could'nt be too far apart. I'm sure you already have some, but I can get ahold of the size wood you need. Hickory or Oak.

yea it will be a good time i missed the other one and this one i won't miss for the world but i might have to hitch a ride with someone but i'll start saveing and see if i can get my truck ready and fixed beofre it gets time though

I should be able to make this one. Who knows, I might even port my first saw for it. :D

3 hours, 12 min. drive for me. Sounds like a chip shot for such a good time. I'll grab anyone who wants to ride on my way in for a little gas chip in. Ole Dodge likes to drink the fuel. ;)

I should be able to make this one. Who knows, I might even port my first saw for it. :D

3 hours, 12 min. drive for me. Sounds like a chip shot for such a good time. I'll grab anyone who wants to ride on my way in for a little gas chip in. Ole Dodge likes to drink the fuel. ;)

LOL i had a 1981 dodge 3/4 ton with a 318 duce in it and i tell ya that thing loved the gas too but now i got this littel 1995 ford ranger 4x4 with a 4.0 engine cold air intake and it does better than that 1981 dodge did on gas well if i could keep my little brother from driven it to the top of the ridge.to go 4 wheeling with it

I just notified my work, wife, family, and friends to not expect me to be around on june 18th. This one should be better than the last one, i cant wait. Reckon there will be any other saws show up besides built 372's? Lol

folks i dont mind if you use 365 371xp 372xp 372xpw bottom ends or the jred counter parts as long as nobody whines about all the saws not being the same. but you must use the 50mm cylinder with the apprpriate intake and carb for the 372xp all other rules being in effect concerning how you build it. i said from post #1 that rules were subject to change. so by all means run whatch u brung. im not trying to exclude anyone,hell this is for fun and bragging rights. and for people to really be able to get a feal for the differences in how perticular builders do things. not looking under the hood,just seat of the pants differences.

you put whatever the saw can handle on it and run it 7 or 8 but remember were talking about hardwood in the upwards of whatever a 24'' bar can cut

Im thinking 20'' locust or shag hickory :laugh:. A 372 with big dogs and a 24'' should have about 21'' of bar left huh?

Back