the official arborist site work saw build off

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlandrum

dealer,saw builder
Reaction score
ok guys here we go lets get it on:msp_mad:

this is a work saw build not stock appearing

..............................Heres the rules....................................

---------------we are building 371/372xp 50mm (72cc)---------------
1 cylinder has to be true to the saw,no big bore kits
2 use any piston you want to use
3 intake and carb has to be true to the saw
4 has to have functional choke
5 must use oem style filter
6 saw must be completely safe to use daily
7 must not have pipes larger than 1" diameter (od) protruding from muffler
8 has to have spark screen (requirement on most felling jobs)
9 saw must run on pump gas

- i will provide 92 octane ethanol free fuel with synthetic oil for
saws to run on at the gtg
-i will provide the new 24'' bar and chain for testing the saws
-we will be cutting 18''-22'' hard wood(oak,maple,hickory,ash etc)
depending on what i can get at the gtg time
-we will make 5 cuts and average the time
-i will provide a good saw man that has no horse in the race and
will not know whos saw is whos
-saws should be ready to run when they arrive

my gtg will be on JUNE THE 18th so anyone that needs to get one shipped to me can get in contact with me in a pm in advance of that date
i will video each and every saw that is run and post the videos for everyone to see from my youtube page. if ive missed anything let me know or if you have questions . rules are subject to change if i have missed something. good luck to you all and let me know whos in....
i will start the list with me
1 tlandrum2002

Last edited:
well we know that saw is a good runner for sure from the last gtg. that was the fastest 70cc saw there

well i don't have any husky but i got a remington special that i will try to bring if i can find a bar and chain for it.and my littel snapper job poulan and hopefully i'll find a husky or 2 to build to bring lol but i will be there this time hopfully

Last edited:
count me in ill grab my 440 off the bench and yank the cord

Last edited:
jacob said he has one hed donate for a build,maybe someone can strike a deal with him

will usually has a few stashed back,and nmurph has a 365 for sale on the cheap that would go 372

jacob said he has one hed donate for a build,maybe someone can strike a deal with him

whats jacobs screen name and i'll trade him something for it or pay some hard earned green backs for it.and have someone do the port work on it for me.

LOL thats just about my luck but i'll keep looking maybe someone will come up off of one on here or e-bay

Latest posts

Back