The official W.Ky Buildoff Poll

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Build off saw

• 066/660

Votes: 66 62.3%

Votes: 40 37.7%

• Total voters
I'm still trying to figure out where CheezChucker seen some boobies at, I can't move on to Food until that chapter is closed.

By all means lets sort out the boobies first. Then beer/food next.

Thanks for posting all the times. I think they show a more true ability of the saw and not just the operator.

I think that mastermind built deerjackies saw which was in last. But that wasn't a good run either as he stated in another thread. I would have liked to compare both those saws .

For all that like to analyze and compare times. Try to get to one of these GTGs. I prefer the hands on feel of comparing saws and not just the time cuts.
Some saws just feel better and faster. Some have better low end grunt. I think that is the best way to compare.

I don't know what was the deal with Jackies saw. Seemed to run real well to me......but.

I did ask him to send it back here so I could go over it to be sure all is well with it. When I had it here it was neck in neck with my 066.

I believe I ran almost all of the 2153's and 246's in the build off. (I'm the Nate guy in the blue shirt) What JD said earlier about torque is so true. Some of the saws were better than their times showed because they were so easy to run due to torque. I will say there wasn't one of the saws that I couldn't cut firewood all day long and smile, every one built a saw to be proud of. If not I will gladly take it of your hands. I realy enjoyed running them all. :clap:

I ran the #2 and #3 66 in the build that copsey built and the both pulled like a mofo. I wish I would have tried Masterminds saw for a cut.

Seems like there should have been one guy running all the saws....it would have eliminated some of the variables. Maybe we could have hired "The Stig"

I believe I ran almost all of the 2153's and 246's in the build off. (I'm the Nate guy in the blue shirt) What JD said earlier about torque is so true. Some of the saws were better than their times showed because they were so easy to run due to torque. I will say there wasn't one of the saws that I couldn't cut firewood all day long and smile, every one built a saw to be proud of. If not I will gladly take it of your hands. I realy enjoyed running them all. :clap:

I ran the #2 and #3 66 in the build that copsey built and the both pulled like a mofo. I wish I would have tried Masterminds saw for a cut.

I wish you would have ran it with an 8 pin Nate.

i went thru the 346 results. this is what i came up with. there were two saws that in the list are with square ground chain on them so i wont count them in the tally.the rules were any new in the box chain but some did not it to be round only. here is what my math came up with. i totalled the times beside each name and then threw out the worst time.
1 mike ne 7.24
2 terry ne 7.46
3 randy ne 8.01
4 eric ne 8.05
5 jd ne 8.54
6 brad 8.86
7 mike oe 9.05
8 jeremy ne 9.17
9 wendel ne 9.38
10 jason oe 9.49
11 stumpy 350 9.51
12 jack ne 9.56

hopefully i got it right.

THe saw I had in there was a 45mm 350 (all 350 parts too) running Brads B&C (thanks Brad)

Just sayin:msp_biggrin:

THe saw I had in there was a 45mm 350 (all 350 parts too) running Brads B&C (thanks Brad)

Just sayin:msp_biggrin:

Well, the saw I built ran like a big ol' turd.

Just sayin.

I got another carb on the way though. Actually two carbs.

I US cleaned it today, and it still made no difference. It's like it's not always getting fuel. I can get it running decent, shut it down and start it back up and it's all our of whack on the high side again. :dunno:

Well, the saw I built ran like a big ol' turd.

Just sayin.

I got another carb on the way though. Actually two carbs.

I US cleaned it today, and it still made no difference. It's like it's not always getting fuel. I can get it running decent, shut it down and start it back up and it's all our of whack on the high side again. :dunno:

WHy you always bustin my bubble:buttkick::msp_biggrin:

You'll get it figured out. :clap:

We shoulda had you run all of them for official times. A couple of us struggled with that down & up stuff.

It's always sad when the thread from a great GTG starts to die. Too bad we didn't have more TAMOK guys there. They've had the same GTG thread going for over a year. :msp_w00t:

All in the family.

DSC_0028-2.jpg

Back