ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

The official Who's Drinking With Me Tonight Thread

SS396driver

SS396driver

To much wood
Need a friend just call and I'll be over in a minute :baba:

I like Belgian wheat beer most of all, I only make it with kits and some grape sugar hop additives to get it just a little fuller and stronger. I have one not started yet, its a very nice kit with 3 liters of ready concentrated syrup.
I hesitate starting it - because I like it a lot and when it's done I know I'll be drunk for a month :rolleyes:

My go to spring beer is a Belgian wit beer. I do all grain brews I have the grain mill ,mash tun ,hot liqueur tank and of course a 120 quart boil pot. I use a plate chiller to cool the wort down then transfer to the fermentation vessel to pitch the yeast . The interesting thing about my boil pot is it was a US navy pot it uas the ring around the base to clamp it down to the stove . Its stamped USNAVY 1942. I got it at the VFW when they bought all new pots

buttercup

buttercup

Gone fishing
My go to spring beer is a Belgian wit beer. I do all grain brews I have the grain mill ,mash tun ,hot liqueur tank and of course a 120 quart boil pot. I use a plate chiller to cool the wort down then transfer to the fermentation vessel to pitch the yeast . The interesting thing about my boil pot is it was a US navy pot it uas the ring around the base to clamp it down to the stove . Its stamped USNAVY 1942. I got it at the VFW when they bought all new pots

That's pretty awesome! Lucky guys who have you as the neighbor. I should come visit, its just across the pond and up the hill I guess :rolleyes:
I need to wait for the cold weather without too much rain or my drill hole well water gets beer colored without brewing...

furb

ArboristSite Guru
Troegs perpetual darkness. Good stuff but it’s only available at the brewery with an two four pack limit.

1B2111E1-D6F9-4EDC-8468-4E98EB251FEF.jpeg

Attachments

• F69C50F0-64F4-4759-ABE3-520BBCA7759B.jpeg
    F69C50F0-64F4-4759-ABE3-520BBCA7759B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
SS396driver

SS396driver

To much wood
SS396driver

SS396driver

To much wood
Well I'm taking it easy tonight. High winds and snow . Genny is ready to go so I'm only drinking an 8.2% beer . Flying dog Raging Biach and watching the fire . Have 3 and 1/2 6 packs left just under a case . By tomorrow maybe a bottle or two left 20200206_165603.jpg

U&A

Addicted to ArboristSite
Whiskey for me the past couple nights.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM

buttercup

buttercup

Gone fishing
So I thought this was the right time to start a beer kit, this kit foams up violently the first couple of days so if I use an ordinary airlock it will get plumbed and blow the lid.
Tomorrow it have fermented the first critical days and I will have it on to a clean container with a proper airlock.
This beer kit makes the best beer I know of, you don't get such good and natural tasting beer at the grocery store - or any other place for that matter ready made.
Its about 3 liters of concentrated syrup and I add a kilo of a special beer enhancer that consists mainly of grape sugar and fine powder malt to get it a little fuller, it also gets a little stronger.
It takes about two weeks to ferment with the added beer enhancer and then it's ready for priming sugar and bottles, then it takes about 3 weeks to clear - it never gets that old around here though :rolleyes:
RIMG0032.JPG RIMG0033.JPG RIMG0034.JPG RIMG0036.JPG