The post office charges me $51.75 to send package

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two things Harley:
1. Why can't they handle the shipment with care? I am paying $51.75 for them to do so.
2. When a package is obviously damaged why don't they look around for the missing contents? I have had empty boxes delivered. Surely someone could look in the large container and see a loose article and figure it came from the ripped package. They just don't give a damn.

My farmertec stuff is generally a saw wrapped in 3" of foam sheet and tapes. Parts bags wrapped in foam sheet and taped. Bars arw usually in cardboard sandwich and taped. Then the box gets 3 to 5 layers of tape. It can take 10 minutes to unpack and you still get broken stuff.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Two things Harley:
1. Why can't they handle the shipment with care? I am paying $51.75 for them to do so.
2. When a package is obviously damaged why don't they look around for the missing contents? I have had empty boxes delivered. Surely someone could look in the large container and see a loose article and figure it came from the ripped package. They just don't give a damn.
They really suck this year. They actually sent me back an empty mailer once, the only reason
Two things Harley:
I could go on for hours, and after 15 years, I have only cashed 2 insurance checks.

Anything managed, supervised, regulated, or operated by the federal government is 100% useless and a waste of space on this planet.

The only exception being the military.

and managing the Covid vaccinations is another example to add to your list.

If you have ever worked for some type of Government type agency you really don't have a clue at the clustered operations.

About USPS. I've received empty packages and oblivious that they are delivering an empty package, heck, even Ronnie Milsap could see that the contents are gone and the package should be returned to the sender instead of being delivered, chainsaw bar packages with no bar, bar gone and chain hanging out, bar sticking out and not even re-secured by USPS. Had to pay shipping both way on a package that went to Kalif ($40) going and $40 back and when it came back it was empty and marked as un-deliverable and tracking indicated it never got any where near where it should have gone.

Going inside the Post Offices in this area around here right now is like entering Covid heaven, get ready to possibly go see your maker. Say a little prayer before you go inside.

Anything managed, supervised, regulated, or operated by the federal government is 100% useless and a waste of space on this planet.

The only exception being the military.
Yep, truth. It really cracks me up to talk to conspiracy type folk who think there is a 'deep state' of highly organized government officials that are running trafficking rings, creating viruses, and the list goes on and on...... Hell, the government can't even do the stuff they're SUPPOSED to be doing at an acceptable level.

Yup, mail is horrible, but ups etc are not really any better imo. It’s the general lack of care for other peoples stuff, your luggage thrown around right in front of you when your on plane or at desk, your car door at mall, I could go on,,,
however for shipping, one think I have found is, it’s the movement. Padding helps, but if you item can move around in box, especially bars, it will poke a hole and fall out. When I ship, I shake the heck out of box from all angles and if something is moving inside, i repack so nothing moves. I found that to be more important than cushioning

I ship a lot of stuff via usps, never had a problem. The trick as stated is to pack the box tight enough that nothing moves inside. When a box is full it’s less prone to smashing from the outside and the contents pushing their way out from the inside. If you place a bar up against the box corner without reinforcing the corner it will certainly punch through.

What I really think is the worst. Your package has been sitting in Louisville for three weeks, and the customer has opened a case and wants his money back, which he will get. So if it is $180 engine block, he will get it for free whenever it finally gets there. I could get the USPS to send it back to me whenever they find the damn thing, but that would cost me $14.95 up front, in addition to the $14.95 shipping that I have already paid. So best case scenario, I will only lose $30, and get a bad feedback score.

Or I could send another $180 block, and he will get both of them, maybe, eventually.... And he will still expect a refund/discount for waiting over a month.

Kind of a lose, lose, lose................Lose scenario....

The bar makes the package oversize usually, makes the postage cost outrageous, and easily gets knocked out of the big box.
It happened to me when a guy shipped his MS440 with a 20" bar on the bottom of the carton, flat. Somehow the bar ate its way right through the box even though it was wrapped. The box bottom was actually retaped by USPS, but the bar was already gone.

I always ask for a tracking number from a shipper and bug them until they email me such when receiving items as a buyer and also mail so as I have a tracking number if kinda expensive item.
Lately with tracking I see USPS indicate a item is really going fast, then it hits a stump and get hung up for sometimes over a week, then gets headed the wrong way, finally turns around and gets hung again. If you are not tracking you will think it's lost, gone , gone, then tracking may stop showing no movement and it marked as delivered and delivered all at once. No tracking at all for several days. Just crazy with tracking right now, just don't get your drawers in a knot, Santa will usually deliver if USPS cannot.. UPS and Fed Ex in this area is still doing ok, but I stay away from all them people due to the Plague. I even spray some of the packages with Bleach mix, especially if the package looks like it's been chewed on.

Back