The pressure put on a father

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustang71

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Sorry guys and ladies but not a wood post. Tonight I was laying in my sons bed, he is 6, and he said he saw red lights coming down the driveway. I live on 5 acres with 4.5 in front of the house. He swore to me he saw them so I loaded up my shot gun and went out with a flash light and didn't find anything. It just makes me think what if I did. I wasnt looking out the window and he was. I live in NY where protecting your family is a crime. On the brighter side I managed to get every ash tree taken down that would fall on my house. That's also a large weight lifted off my chest. As a father I try to protect my family but damn I wish my kids wouldn't scare me lol.

My boss warned me about the primal gene that all men posess, and how quickly and strongly it becomes active when your first child is born. It's the "f--k with my family and I will kill you" gene. It sounds like your genetic triggers are working just fine.
Women have it too... I was once compared to a mama grizzly bear.
Sorry guys and ladies but not a wood post. Tonight I was laying in my sons bed, he is 6, and he said he saw red lights coming down the driveway. I live on 5 acres with 4.5 in front of the house. He swore to me he saw them so I loaded up my shot gun and went out with a flash light and didn't find anything. It just makes me think what if I did. I wasnt looking out the window and he was. I live in NY where protecting your family is a crime. On the brighter side I managed to get every ash tree taken down that would fall on my house. That's also a large weight lifted off my chest. As a father I try to protect my family but damn I wish my kids wouldn't scare me lol.
I think you set a fine example for your son.
Scary times we live in... perhaps time to teach him some of what you know about self defense?

You a good father. Cant imagine how I'd be if something happened to my kids. It wouldnt be good.
Hopefully it was just some idiot that got lost, and ran back your drive to turn around. I've been that idiot already. Dont know quite where your going and turn off in the wrong drive. Cameras help as well.
Keep you kids safe and worry about the consequences later.

You a good father. Cant imagine how I'd be if something happened to my kids. It wouldnt be good.
Hopefully it was just some idiot that got lost, and ran back your drive to turn around. I've been that idiot already. Dont know quite where your going and turn off in the wrong drive. Cameras help as well.
Keep you kids safe and worry about the consequences later.

I'm guessing that's it. You can't see my house from the road but I can see lights going down the road at night. I didnt think there was an issue but I typically don't go outside at night and away from the house without some form of gun. And it made me think what if.

I'm guessing that's it. You can't see my house from the road but I can see lights going down the road at night. I didnt think there was an issue but I typically don't go outside at night and away from the house without some form of gun. And it made me think what if.
That's a good thing - before it actually happens.
Run through your mind every possible scenario you can think of and prepare for it as best you can.
That's what I do.

I always carry whenever I'm out with the family anywhere.

Should say

“......I always carry......”

[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Just messin.

Carry as often as you can man. Only time a gun is not on my person is in the shower and in bed. But its obviously next to me when in bed.

Point is. If you have the permit and accept the responsibility than carry ALL THE TIME brother.

Dont mean to offend. Jist speaking my mind.[emoji1303][emoji41].

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

I live in NY where protecting your family is a crime.
That bothers me.
I've lived in the country here in central Virginia all my life and will do whatever it takes to protect my family.
We are lucky to live in a nice place, but the world is changing fast.
You did what you needed and were supposed to do.
Clint

Should say

“......I always carry......”

[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Just messin.

Carry as often as you can man. Only time a gun is not on my person is in the shower and in bed. But its obviously next to me when in bed.

Point is. If you have the permit and accept the responsibility than carry ALL THE TIME brother.

Dont mean to offend. Jist speaking my mind.[emoji1303][emoji41].

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
I agree, outside of where you legally not allowed, carry everywhere.

Lots of folks are spotting deer this time of year. Just last night, a pickup truck slowed down while passing my house to shine a spotlight into my yard. The driver pressed on the brakes, which lit up red and highly visible from my window.

You yanks are funny takin a gun everywhere.
my 10 yr old has been getting scared by the kangaroos coming close to his bedroom window at night for the nice grass, He comes in saying there's someone there so I run outside in my undies and that would scare anyone off.
I take two guns everywhere.

Lots of folks are spotting deer this time of year. Just last night, a pickup truck slowed down while passing my house to shine a spotlight into my yard. The driver pressed on the brakes, which lit up red and highly visible from my window.

Seems dumb and possibly will get you shot. This is all posted land around here with 60 acres between me and my neighbors. Probably not a good idea to spotlight deer.. then there's another 100 plus acres across the road heavily guarded. The local police usually sit in the entrance to the field. So see where I'm going with this.. we aren't expecting visitors at night so when you hear someone sees lights it creates a situation

my 10 yr old has been getting scared by the kangaroos coming close to his bedroom window at night for the nice grass, He comes in saying there's someone there so I run outside in my undies and that would scare anyone off.
Cant say I have to worry about a roo, but if one did show up, I can tell you what I'd be having for dinner. :)

Seems dumb and possibly will get you shot. This is all posted land around here with 60 acres between me and my neighbors. Probably not a good idea to spotlight deer.. then there's another 100 plus acres across the road heavily guarded. The local police usually sit in the entrance to the field. So see where I'm going with this.. we aren't expecting visitors at night so when you hear someone sees lights it creates a situation

I don't know about NY, but in PA it's legal to spotlight deer *from the road* from sunrise to 11 p.m. Other restrictions are it has to be outside of firearms deer season, no lighting up buildings or livestock, and person spotlighting can not be armed (licensed CC is ok).

Personally, I don't do it because I think it's intrusive and rude without getting landowner permission first. Also, with today's fairly inexpensive trail cameras, there's no need for spotlighting--unless they're planning on trespassing and poaching.

It’s not the Yankees carrying the guns, They’re scared of them. Unfortunately I live in a very left (yankee) state and you’re not allowed to carry.

Latest posts

Back