ArboristSite.com Sponsors

The Price of having Good Neighbors

Discussion in 'Off the Topic Forum' started by Husky Man, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Husky Man

Husky Man Addicted to ArboristSite

And Well Worth it!!!
    upload_2019-12-25_9-49-43.jpeg

upload_2019-12-25_9-50-15.jpeg

At Family gatherings, my Sausage and Cheese platters are what I am usually asked to bring.

I have been doing plate sized ones for our Neighbors, it is a Small Price to “Pay” for having Wonderful Neighbors. One plate had already left before I was done, our Next Door Neighbor Pam, brought over her Traditional Cookie and Candy Plate, while I was still putting my plates together.

I include a couple rolls of Crackers with the plates. We get a Nice variety of Treats, many Home made from our Neighbors, Hal is a retired Coppersmith, that still has a small work shop, with a lot of tools from his former trade, this was what he did this year, he made the Pail himself

upload_2019-12-25_10-2-52.jpeg

Anyone that has ever had any “Less than Desirable” Neighbors, knows the Value and Joy of having Great Neighbors. We are Blessed with a Neighborhood full of Great Neighbors.

Do any of You have any Christmas Traditions with your Neighbors?

Wishing All my AS Friends a Merry Christmas, and a Happy and HEALTHY, New Year

Doug :cheers:

2. yooper

yooper Tree Freak

You should have him make you a small set up for distillation. Cool bucket.

3. Husky Man

I would be surprised if it would be his first "Distillation" set up;)

SeMoTony, farmer steve and Duce like this.
  4. yooper

yooper Tree Freak

Me to with skillz like that.

5. Duce

Duce Addicted to ArboristSite

Cannot agree more, good neighbors are a blessing! Merry Christmas!

SeMoTony and Husky Man like this.
  6. Husky Man

That bucket, Purty as it is, doesn't do Hal's skills justice. I have seen in person and pics he has shown me, of some of the more Artistic, Sculpture type of work he has done, he is a True Artisan.

SeMoTony, farmer steve and Duce like this.
  7. motorhead99999

motorhead99999 Jeepin tree man

I have a couple still set ups I’ve built over the years. Started with propane now iv built a electric one and is Much easier to control

SeMoTony, farmer steve and Husky Man like this.
  8. yooper

yooper Tree Freak

We have this very model out at camp. Bought it over ten years ago. Works well. Years ago I had some photos on

here of it set up and spitting out "fuel "
    http://www.coppermoonshinestills.com/id20.html

SeMoTony likes this.
  9. Husky Man

I haven't seen your stills, but I have no doubts that Hal, could produce some "Functional Artwork";)

SeMoTony likes this.
  10. esshup

esshup Addicted to ArboristSite

Great neighbors to the East, and to the North. MUCH less than great neighbors to the West and the neighbors to the South are so far away that they don't count. LOL. So, I know exactly what you are saying about great neighbors. I give them all (except that one) handmade Christmas wreaths. A relative makes them and I bring them home right before Thanksgiving - and they were made less than a week prior. They smell great.

11. unclemoustache

unclemoustache My 'stache is bigger than yours.

I have some great neighbors. Mexicans to the east are pretty quiet and keep to themselves, but nice enough when I go and chat with them.

Family to the north is the same. Empty house to the NE.

Family to the S is great. I've loaned him many tools, and he is equally generous with anything I need. His father has a lot of larger equipment I may borrow. I wonder if he has a trencher? I need one..... also a rototiller.

Across the street - well, they seem a bit miffed with me about my firewood pile, which is on my in-laws property next door to them. I put up a 6' board fence so they won't have to see it, but for some reason they still seem upset. She was a great friend and neighbor until she got remarried. He complains a lot, and I think that's rubbing off on her now. But I've done what I could to please them - even cleaned up a large limb that fell from one of their trees into their yard. They were very grateful, but I'm not sure it lasted. But there's no trouble now, anyway - just some unspoken friction.

Another neighbor to the SW loves my firewood pile. I even stored a pile of rounds on his property for a while. He was a bit sad to see it get split and stacked back onto my own property. Nice guy all around.

Good neighbors are a great blessing indeed!

12. bayard

bayard Addicted to ArboristSite

good neighbors are rare.

13. tla100

tla100 Addicted to ArboristSite

Buddy down the road has tree service. We get along great and he helps me if need be. I help anytime he calls also. Others are pretty quiet, been to about all on service calls and all are grateful. Parents live the other direction further down and brother just past them. We all get along, few also go to same church, so it is all good!!!

Husky Man likes this.
  14. ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy Addicted to ArboristSite

Hardly ever see my neighbors. Usually it's just a wave or "how's it going?"

One down the road used to take that as an invite for life story conversations, regardless if what I was doing, so I try to ignore him a bit more.
    Great guy, just retired and has all the time in the world... Where I have a few hrs a week of free time.

Had raging A-Hole neighbors not long after I bought the place but I outlasted them.
    Was getting to the point I seriously was contemplating how I could get away with killdozering their house.

Husky Man likes this.
  15. HumBurner

HumBurner ArboristSite Operative

I had to move a few years ago, as the landlord went crazy (both figuratively and literally.)

Now my neighbor is my crew boss; we both rent on the same 20ac parcel. Has its pros and cons, lol.

Husky Man likes this.