The Problem with Normal People

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the shuffling madness of a locomotive breath
runs the all time loser headlong to his death

Why is he thankful old charlie stole the handle?

I burned 2 and a half tanks of fuel cutting a plank 10 feet long by 18 inches deep of Maple with my 660 Magnum.

How many cuts?

Not sure what you mean. I cut through one side near the center of the trunk straight through for 10 feet. Choose a point about 3 inches from that slice and run the next cut parallel to the first one, about 10 feet as well and cut off that section from the rest of the tree. Something like this

timber 4 (3).jpg

So, basically two 10 ft cuts?

Yes. That's right. That's what it boils down to. And the trunk is now about 14" to 16" deep. Obviously it narrows as I move up it. I am freehanding these babies and if I draw the saw back creating another groove, that uses a lot more fuel. IOW, the groove I've cut gets lost inadvertently and I begin to cut a second or third groove w/o realizing it. I used a little over one tank the last timber I cut. It came out pretty well.

Not bad. Fuel usage sounds about what I get.

Hey. Thanks. That's good to know. The more accurate my cuts are, the less fuel I use. Chainsaws are amazing machines. So powerful. So mobile and hand held. Such fun

I am still concerned she's running too hot. Don't know of a way to test it. The only way to find out and it may be too late.

Am using gas 2 weeks old, 92 octane, mixed with Stihl's best oil, 1 bottle treats 2 gallons. Use a grease gun in the nose, both sides. The bar is almost too hot to handle with gloves on running it all out for several minutes at a time in Maple, cutting timbers 10' in length. May put a thermometer to it.

Whether you are, or are not has no real relevance to the illusion of sanity. Most of us claim we are sane but I wonder often if this self proclamation of sanity has merit, or if it is more like a boy whistling in the dark to keep spirits up! Mankind,science cannot explain conscientiousness, we know we are but can't explain why or even where it is in the body we assume the brain. We however recoil if our sanity is challenged because of a deep rooted fear we might find out we have a misconception of sanity and all it entails. Maybe your right and i'm nuts or just maybe some higher power is laughing at you and I discussing the illusion and thinking we are both one flew over the coo coo nest. I'm just grateful I call it an illusion so at least i'm not fooled:havingarest:

Doesn't a persons morality come into play? But, yeah, if 100 people are crazy and one is not,, I get it, but you are asking a question that will never get an honest and factual answer.
Jeff :cool:

...if 100 people are crazy and one is not...

You see, this is my problem. You have no idea how difficult it is to be the voice of reason and sanity amongst all these loonies and fruitcakes. It's a heavy burden.
Now, take your crazy pills and lets get back to exploring the alternate universe that @Jackbnimble lives in. We might have to follow some rabbits down a hole or take a hot air balloon ride.

fruitcakecomic.jpg

Yes. That's right. That's what it boils down to. And the trunk is now about 14" to 16" deep. Obviously it narrows as I move up it. I am freehanding these babies and if I draw the saw back creating another groove, that uses a lot more fuel. IOW, the groove I've cut gets lost inadvertently and I begin to cut a second or third groove w/o realizing it. I used a little over one tank the last timber I cut. It came out pretty well.
Hickory?

Back