The Problem with Normal People

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always enjoyed Van Morrison, but never more than in this rare masterpiece, a little lilt by a distant river. Old Van goes to and kindly takes us with him to the mystical waning hours of a chilly night, interrupted only by the sounds of a lonely creature or two, warmed by a fire, to deliver sharp memories of bygone times when nature called out to those able to hear her mysteries, longing for his absent true love

The twilight gleam is in her eye
The night is on her hair

1) Where Lagan-- The River Lagan runs through Belfast
stream sings lullaby
There blows a lily fair--a beautiful flower/womanlily fair (2).jpg
The night is on her hair
And like a love-sick lennan-shee--In Celtic folklore, the leannán sí is a beautiful woman
She has my heart in thrall
Nor life I owe nor liberty
For love is lord of all.

2) Her father sails a running-barge
'Twixt Leamh-beag and The Druim; --a village and a bridge
And on the lonely river-marge--river's edge
She clears his hearth for him.
When she was only fairy-high
Her gentle mother died;
But dew-Love keeps her memory
Green on the Lagan side.

3) And often when the beetle's horn--the music/sound of the beetle
Hath lulled the eve to sleep
I steal unto her shieling --A shieling (Scottish Gaelic: àirigh), is a hut, or collection of huts, once common in a wild or lonely place in the hills and mountains of Scotland and northern England. The word also refers to a mountain pasture used for the grazing of cattle in summer.

lorn--adjective literary 1. lonely and abandoned; forlorn.

And thru the dooring peep--looking through an opening

There on the cricket's singing stone,
She spares the bogwood fire,
And hums in sad sweet undertone
The songs of heart's desire

4) Her welcome, like her love for me,
Is from her heart within:
Her warm kiss is felicity
That knows no taint of sin.
And, when I stir my foot to go,
'Tis leaving Love and light
To feel the wind of longing blow
From out the dark of night.

5) Where Lagan stream sings lullaby
There blows a lily fair
The night is on her hair
And like a love-sick lennan-shee
She has my heart in thrall
Nor life I owe--means own
nor liberty
For love is lord of all.
No life have I, no liberty,
For love is Lord of all.

I don't have to split the wood from the red oak I just dropped. I cut a chunk of it and toss it and it breaks in half. Never encountered that before. The hollowed out center is about 7 feet in length starting as the very base. Each piece that I've cut so far has no visible damage, but it cracks in two upon impact with the ground simply dropping it 3 or 4 feet. It seems as though whatever caused the damage has impacted the trunk way beyond what is clearly the rotted portion of the tree.

I don't have to split the wood from the red oak I just dropped. I cut a chunk of it and toss it and it breaks in half. Never encountered that before. The hollowed out center is about 7 feet in length starting as the very base. Each piece that I've cut so far has no visible damage, but it cracks in two upon impact with the ground simply dropping it 3 or 4 feet. It seems as though whatever caused the damage has impacted the trunk way beyond what is clearly the rotted portion of the tree.
That was your barber chair that thankfully didn't happen.

Gonna have to sweeten the pot I see. Okay, you stiff-necked and rebellious lot, here goes: To the first 300 open minded souls who dare to take the plunge and listen to Old Van belt out a tune not quite as bold as,
"Ooh, see the fire is sweepin'
Our very street today
Burns like a red coal carpet
Mad bull lost its way,"
I'm offering $47,000 if you can endure the entire 5 minutes, or whatever it is, of Lagan Love, all to spread a little culture, a tad taste of refinement around here. This once in a lifetime deal is available for the next 27 minutes and 15 seconds. No cheating. No double dipping. Must be at least 4 years old. On your mark

Didn't know Sweet Clemmy (‎Wendi McLendon-Covey) of Reno 911 fame was starring in the Goldbergs. Glad she landed on her feet. She was superb playing the less than honorable law enforcement officer bursting out of her skimpy uniform, patrolling the purverted streets of Reno. Luv you Clem

Really don't mind if you sit this one out. Your words but a whisper your deafness a shout. I may make you feel, but I can't make you think. Your sperm's in the gutter, your love's in the sink.

gerald (2).jpg

gerald (3).jpg

Well, that's the thing. I see you boys run your saws all out and then shut them off in a blink of an eye. I always try to let my saws idle for at least a minute after running them full speed. I recall reading somewhere it's better for the saws to let them dissipate heat like that before turning them off instantly after they have run full bore. Problem is, with my half-baked imagination and lack of memory, don't know whether I've gone completely out of my mind (Well, yes I do, but, I mean more than normal that is.)

Always let my saws idle a bit before shutting down especially when milling.

I'm surprised that the mad dogs of the former Troubles between the IRA and UDF haven't taken a shine to those Islamic terrorists in the UK and kicked their ass back where they came from.

The problem with Normal People is that I never met one, even onst. Heard about em plenty but never did see one nor node any.

That's the way a bunch of us folks from southern Ohio and northern Kentucky speaks.

Rich Morris has an annoying voice, but in time one can get used to it. Even though he can't catch his breath, he's a smart little sucker who knows politics. Used to be Clinton's instant pollster, til he got caught with his pants down. He's done screwing around with tutes, but still loves to make predictions about the profession to which only the lowest of the lowest scoundrels cling.

This KANSAS CITY --I'm goin to, has some purty little women thar-- that and a heck of a football team. Destroyed N.E. and them Eaglets.

Now, a 7.1 mag in Mexico. Just had an 8.1 a week ago. Maria is a cat. 5. Jose is creating a disturbance. Irma just smashed Florida. Harvey just buried Houston. N.K. has a hydrogen bomb. Terrorists have access to a nuke (IMO, no doubt about it.) 9/11. Terrorism is Europe--no let up. Economic shock waves blasting over the world. Things are heating up.

You'll have to adjust your medications accordingly. I recommend an increase in the Prozac, and a decrease in the funny mushrooms. But, keep in mind that I'm not a doctor. I only play one on internet forums. You really should consult with a professional... in your case, a plumber or an electrician because I doubt that you'd lend much credence to someone in the medical field. Luckily, even a plumber or electrician would be able to offer a meaningful diagnosis.

"Dude, cut back on those hallucinogenics and calm down. You're bats**t crazy."

Surely, there's a close friend or relative that you can ask for an objective opinion. You could deflect suspicion by asking them something like, if you ran for president, would they vote for you?
Wait... on second thought, that's a bad example. Ok, you could ask them if they trusted you to care for their pet bunny while they're on vacation. If they say that they most definitely would not, then in all liklihood they are like me, and suspect that you'd use the bunny to put out a kitchen fire, or something.

Tell me, Mr. NimbleJack... how does this picture make you feel?

bunny-01.jpg

Why Not?? We seem to be living in the most interesting time in history Well at least so far

The best and worst

It Ain't Dark Yet
Shadows are falling and I been here all day
It's too hot to sleep and time is running away
Feel like my soul has turned into steel
I've still got the scars that the sun didn't let me heal
There's not even room enough to be anywhere
It's not dark yet, but it's getting there

Well my sense of humanity is going down the drain
Behind every beautiful thing, there's been some kind of pain
She wrote me a letter and she wrote it so kind
She put down in writin' what was in her mind
I just don't see why I should even care

Well I been to London and I been to gay Paree
I followed the river and I got to the sea
I've been down to the bottom of a whirlpool of lies
I ain't lookin' for nothin' in anyone's eyes
Sometimes my burden is more than I can bear

I was born here and I'll die here, against my will
I know it looks like I'm movin' but I'm standin' still
Every nerve in my body is so naked and numb
I can't even remember what it was I came here to get away from
Don't even hear the murmur of a prayer

Bob Dylan

A bolt of lightning struck the Picatinny Arsenal in North Jersey which triggered a little event no one remembers.

More than 600,000 tons of explosives stored inside the depot detonated, resulting in one of the most catastrophic man-made explosions in the United States. The blast completely destroyed nearly 200 buildings in a half-mile radius, resulting in $47 million in damages (more than $631 million today when adjusted for inflation), 21 deaths, and dozens more injuries. The explosion was so powerful that people reported finding debris nearly 22 miles away.

The pictures taken after the explosion show what little remained of the arsenal surrounding the depot. It was roughly half the size of one of our nukes aimed at N.K. pic ar (2).jpg

Latest posts

Back