The Problem with Normal People

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy Cow. And I thought I was nuts.
Whether you are, or are not has no real relevance to the illusion of sanity. Most of us claim we are sane but I wonder often if this self proclamation of sanity has merit, or if it is more like a boy whistling in the dark to keep spirits up! Mankind,science cannot explain conscientiousness, we know we are but can't explain why or even where it is in the body we assume the brain. We however recoil if our sanity is challenged because of a deep rooted fear we might find out we have a misconception of sanity and all it entails. Maybe your right and i'm nuts or just maybe some higher power is laughing at you and I discussing the illusion and thinking we are both one flew over the coo coo nest. I'm just grateful I call it an illusion so at least i'm not fooled:havingarest:

No advice, really.... but.... can I have your stuff? I'll even show up at your funeral, so your mom doesn't have to stand there and cry all by herself.

The last time my mother shed a tear over me was after she thought I got shot in the head. When the cops told her I was going to live, she burst into hysterical sobbing.

Whether you are, or are not has no real relevance to the illusion of sanity. Most of us claim we are sane but I wonder often if this self proclamation of sanity has merit, or if it is more like a boy whistling in the dark to keep spirits up! Mankind,science cannot explain conscientiousness, we know we are but can't explain why or even where it is in the body we assume the brain. We however recoil if our sanity is challenged because of a deep rooted fear we might find out we have a misconception of sanity and all it entails. Maybe your right and i'm nuts or just maybe some higher power is laughing at you and I discussing the illusion and thinking we are both one flew over the coo coo nest. I'm just grateful I call it an illusion so at least i'm not fooled:havingarest:

I've been working very hard to convince others I lost it. I take great pride in all that I've accomplished along these lines. Nobody believes I am capable of a single rational thought. In all honesty, it's been the easiest thing I ever did. Just acting naturally and the Academy realizes instantly where Nicholson learned his stuff.

HERE'S JOHNNY!download.jpg

I would love to post some pictures of Moby Slick before the end comes, but I have a tablet and don't know how to snap pictures with it.

"Hey Moe! Hey Larry!" "What?" "I can't see. I can't see I tell ya." CHEESE! CHEESE!

It was touch and go for quite a while. Finally, that beautiful sound of snapping wood tissue got louder and more frequent. Love that sound--that sinewy splitting, the tearing of taught strands of cellulose, popping and cracking, practically shouting. And in a thundering flash it's over. The towering red oak, her last curtain call, landed squarely on my tuchis.

...and there was much rejoicing...

And behold, just then the heavens opened up and glory burned brightly throughout all the land , though it be night, and all the people were sore afraid and felleth as one on their faces, and cried out together as with a single voice, "Nimbles, you are an idiot."

You Get NOSSING, mein fuhrer! Schultzie

when i was just a little boy standin to my daddy's knee, my pappa said "son, don't let no man get ya, and do what he done to me."

"Verily! and forsooth! I say... for there have been signs and portents, most ominous! It has rained soggy Cheese Puffs for a week, and the entrails of a goat were found tied in square knots!"
All has been fortold to us, in the Tarot and the crystal ball... the image is murky, but, alas! All is made clear... the Ouija board and the Gypsy woman who reads the tea leaves have forecast your future.

A gentle breeze carries the sound of children chanting nursery rhymes in the distance...
"Jack be nipples, Jack be tits... Poor Old Jack has lost his wits!"

A small cell, with bars on the window. Luckily for you, there is a mattress. Several, actually. They are fastened to the walls. You have a new wardrobe... canvas jacket with wrap-around sleeves... an iron ball with a chain attached to your ankle. Men in white suits tsk-tsk-tsk as they fill the syringe with thorazine and prepare the electroshock gurney for your trip to La-La Land. Soon, you hardly recognize your own image in the mirror...

doctoring.jpg

"Verily! and forsooth! I say... for there have been signs and portents, most ominous! It has rained soggy Cheese Puffs for a week, and the entrails of a goat were found tied in square knots!"
All has been fortold to us, in the Tarot and the crystal ball... the image is murky, but, alas! All is made clear... the Ouija board and the Gypsy woman who reads the tea leaves have forecast your future.

A gentle breeze carries the sound of children chanting nursery rhymes in the distance...

A small cell, with bars on the window. Luckily for you, there is a mattress. Several, actually. They are fastened to the walls. You have a new wardrobe... canvas jacket with wrap-around sleeves... an iron ball with a chain attached to your ankle. Men in white suits tsk-tsk-tsk as they fill the syringe with thorazine and prepare the electroshock gurney for your trip to La-La Land. Soon, you hardly recognize your own image in the mirror...

View attachment 596992

That picture, my beloved, was taken after a particularly lonesome stretch on route 66 hiding from the authorities who said I owed millions in back taxes.

You know who was a true beauty back in the day? Ingrid Bergman. To this day I can't figure out why she refused my advances. O well. Her loss

Attachments

• ingrid.jpg
    ingrid.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 23
Surely you jest. And after all the encouragement.

Yea. Cause of your encouragement I can't walk, bend over, stand up or breathe without excruciating sharp pangs shooting down both legs. I'll leave you a stale egg salad sandwich

View attachment 596992
LMFAO - nice to see a creative sense of humor.

Latest posts

Back