The remembering prectice110 thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my tree...! (Pearl Jam)

Up here in my tree, yeah
Newspapers matter not to me, yeah
No more crowbars to my head, yeah
I'm trading stories with the leaves instead, yeah

Wave to all my friends, yeah
They don't seem to notice me, no
All their eyes trained on the street, yo, oh
Sidewalk cigarettes and scenes,
Up here so high I start to shake
Up here so high the sky I scrape
I'm so high I hold just one breath deep within my chest
Just like my innocence...

(Matt's down in his home)
(Oh, the blue sky it's his home)
(Matt's blue sky home)
(Oh, the blue sky it's his home)

I remember when, yeah
I swore I knew everything, oh yeah
Let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah
It's growing up just like me, yeah
I'm so light the wind he shakes
I'm so high the sky I scrape
I'm so light I hold just one breath and go back to my nest
Sleep with innocence...

Up here so high the boughs they break
Up here so high the sky I scrape
Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
Baby got it, still got it...! :heart:

Pearl Jam - In My Tree (Berlin '96) - YouTube

Good tune for ya Matt-
All I can say Miss Prentice 110 is You go Girl!!

This thread gives me goose bumps every time I see it. I'm going to use an analogy that I hate to hear in other pretenses. Dedicated tree guys are rare and i find no one I feel closer to the tree people. < A TREE FAMILY > Finding someone that gets excited to do hard ass work is rare. When I see the complaints of crappy climbers, owners,foreman, and ground guys it reminds me how rare the "Good Ones" are. From what I've read and seen Matt was great.

Im a black sheep in a family of Congressmen, lawyers, Dr.'s, and so on. Everybody shakes their heads when I tell them what I do. My grandmother told me " its a good thing you look young. You can lie about your age. Then you wont sound so stupid when you tell people what you do" I wouldn't trade my buddy who's in the F.B.I or my cousin in the pentagon jobs for all the timber in Canada. I love every saw, tool, and aspect of the industry. I feel like its a war and my battle never ends. Although I have never met my fellow warrior I feel for his family. :msp_sad: God Bless Matts family and God Bless this industry.See you in the big tree in the sky.

I think he would want you to move on and be happy.
Jeff :msp_smile:

I think you're probably right.

Yeah know I have kind of stayed out of this thread because I really only talked with Matt a few times. They were all positive though, mainly about the love of tree work and that I should continue doing it and stay active on AS back in my earlier days here. For me I will always be thank full for his advice and is evident love of this work. But with that said something else I have taken from his conversations and stories from others about him is the idea that he just enjoyed life and wanted everyone else to do the same. So with that I would have to agree with Jeff and MDS and say he may very well suggest another Ben Harper song... maybe more like this one in his honor. Of course I am only condoning it if its for medical reasons.

[video=youtube;uhKq9JvssB8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhKq9JvssB8[/video]

Yeah know I have kind of stayed out of this thread because I really only talked with Matt a few times. They were all positive though, mainly about the love of tree work and that I should continue doing it and stay active on AS back in my earlier days here. For me I will always be thank full for his advice and is evident love of this work. But with that said something else I have taken from his conversations and stories from others about him is the idea that he just enjoyed life and wanted everyone else to do the same. So with that I would have to agree with Jeff and MDS and say he may very well suggest another Ben Harper song... maybe more like this one in his honor. Of course I am only condoning it if its for medical reasons.

[video=youtube;uhKq9JvssB8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhKq9JvssB8[/video]

Lol.. I'm out, damn it!! :laugh:

"I see myself as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star.
Everyone stops, points up and gasps "Oh look at that!"
Then- whoosh, and I'm gone...
and they'll never see anything like it ever again...
and they won't be able to forget me- ever."

(Jim Morrison)

"I see myself as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star.
Everyone stops, points up and gasps "Oh look at that!"
Then- whoosh, and I'm gone...
and they'll never see anything like it ever again...
and they won't be able to forget me- ever."

(Jim Morrison)

Yeah, that guy was a bit of a drama queen though, just saying..

Hope you're doing well, miss prentice!!

Back