THE STUMP FROM HELL !!!! pics !!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBQ...not a bad idea. Fill that pit with Charcoal, soak liberally with lighter fluid, and throw a match in there. Get yourself a hog or side of beef or whatever and have fun with that stump.

I think the Bermie wins the award for best suggestion. Now where will he want that his prize, the stump, dropped off? His front yard or back?

We have a big hole now so we could slow roast a pig or calf. Maybe do one of those things they do at Cape Cod where they bury Lobsters, sweet corn, clams, etc. and let it steam away and then munch away. Couple kegs and a few bottle of Jack Daniels. Some good looking gals around. I'm starting to salivate already!

Well thanks to all the inspiration I won the stump battle today .It took 6 hours of digging and chopping with my axe. This post has helped me greatly to lean about everyone since I am new to this site. I learned that those with grinders say that is the best and only way, this means get the cash out and it will solve all your problems. The barbecue with all the lawn chairs was an awesome idea. The bigger black powder idea probably would have played hell with my outdoor wood boiler next to the stump. The leverage idea made me change my digging technique, which worked the best. I was using the bucket like a shoehorn with some blocking to get the stump loosened. There is a logical explanation for almost everything I tried. I could have given up and asked for help but I am a little stubborn in that way. But I did ask the great people of this site for help and it worked in one way or another. This post was just meant as a funny story of me and the stump and I hope it entertained you guys. I am posting the pics of the victory today but the funniest pictures will come tomorrow. stay tuned. The damage to my yard is not a factor since I will be digging it all up for rainwater pipe routing.

Congrats on your success, I think the second pic says it all!

I think the Bermie wins the award for best suggestion. Now where will he want that his prize, the stump, dropped off? His front yard or back?

We have a big hole now so we could slow roast a pig or calf. Maybe do one of those things they do at Cape Cod where they bury Lobsters, sweet corn, clams, etc. and let it steam away and then munch away. Couple kegs and a few bottle of Jack Daniels. Some good looking gals around. I'm starting to salivate already!

I think Bermie is a she. I like the second part of your post though! Load up the trucks and head to Concordville, PA for a party!

Mission Acomplished.

Now ya just have to find a nearby hole to bury it in. :(

:popcorn:

Stump Grinders are great if you want a Bird Bath every year as the wood decays and settles. The birds love wallowing in the Puddle long after the Stump Grinding check has be cashed. :monkey:

Um i thought ypu filled in tho hole amnd tammped it down really well i have grouind stummp no problems like that :confused:

Tie a goat up to it and dont feed it.

:ices_rofl: :cheers:

thhat might wiokk hell go find some plastic explaiives :rock: :rock: and sete them off on the tap root an a fww palce i masure it will work but i ma surpesedd you can move that with your back hoe . dig deeper and geta cut off saw or just geta cut off saw and cut trpough the tap root. use one of the expensove diaommd blades .
tell some idiots ther is some rae artifaxct under it and they can have it if they dig out the stump
looks a little to late for a grinder:bang:

ill watch the video

Here are smaller versions of the pics. May help the folks on dial-up.

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
That wasn't a burl walnut stump by any chance was it? I know some guy's who make grips for handguns that would be interested (and some knifemakers also).

That wasn't a burl walnut stump by any chance was it? I know some guy's who make grips for handguns that would be interested (and some knifemakers also).

Silver Maple.

And I was worried that this thread had run out of steam.:blob2:

Oh, My Gosh !
Make sure the video cam batteries,
are fully charged.
And you have fresh film also.

:Eye: :Eye:

:cheers:

Mate, these backhoe operators know how to party!:hmm3grin2orange: :blob2: :blob4:

When I was small I learned a trick on stump digging from my Granddad. We had a farm and so did he so it come in pretty handy. What ya do is dig back in under a stump with a spud bar between the roots then ya take shelled corn and push it into the holes two holes would work, for small stumps one would do it. Leave a trail of corn leading to the holes. Then take electric fence and make a perimeter however big you'd like. HERE COMES THE EASY PART. Then you turn in x amt. of hogs. Then ya just sit back and drink beer, Grandpa's favorite was hard cider. And ya just watch all them living little backhoes fight over who gets to dig the stump. Grandpa could tell how many hoggers the stump was by size and type. It has worked for me lots and lots of times. Never failed, soon they had the stump pushing it around the pen still trying to get corn out of it. I doubt it would work on a stump that size but for normal sized ones it sure did. The beautiful part was all it cost ya was what you were gonna feed them anyway.

Gin & Tonic, twist of lime, lawn chair, BBQ...
I'll watch the after stump party from WAAAAYYY over here!

Persistance BEAT resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back