The Traveling Leveraxe/Leveraxe 2 Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be nice to try and organize who gets it next based on location to try and reduce shipping costs... Idk how much of a difference it would make but I would not be interested in trying it at the tune of $25 for shipping... JMO... BTW, I have some seasoned American elm 4-10" waiting if it comes to the east coast.

It would be nice to try and organize who gets it next based on location to try and reduce shipping costs... Idk how much of a difference it would make but I would not be interested in trying it at the tune of $25 for shipping... JMO... BTW, I have some seasoned American elm 4-10" waiting if it comes to the east coast.
I'm sure that could be arranged amongst the members.

Even if its a physical hand off to the next member that's fine by me as long as there is written confirmation that they will abide by the rules. I just want to make sure it travels amongst active members of this site at least every 14 days and doesn't end up in the hands of a newbie or lurker and disappear like the last one.

Here is the list so far along with the state of the intended user:

SVK--MN
Zogger--GA
Stihly Dan--NH
Philbert--MN
Zeus 103363--LA
Ziggo_2--MN
Hinerman--OK

Also:
Iowa GTG (Oct 11th) Tentative

Nobody from the Indy 10/18 GTG responded to my post. So @spike60 or someone atending his GTG on 10/18 wants to be on the list just let me know and it can go straight from Iowa to NY.

svk - I would only use it at a GTG: I don't have enough wood here to justify it.

But if we have a Charity cut in WI mid October (?), it might be a good opportunity. Or maybe I can just come up to your place and try it! I will send you a PM.

Thanks again!

Philbert

svk - I would only use it at a GTG: I don't have enough wood here to justify it.

But if we have a Charity cut in WI mid October (?), it might be a good opportunity. Or maybe I can just come up to your place and try it! I will send you a PM.

Thanks again!

Philbert
If you have a charity cut let me know the date. October is out for me to attend but we can make sure the LA can be present. FWIW nobody from Spike60 or Indy GTG's have claimed it yet for the weekend of the 18th.

On the GTG note if anyone is interested in doing a Northern MN GTG in early December please send me a PM. I've got a lot of trees that could come down and will have a hydro present so we could cut some wood and send everyone home with a load of wood too if they wanted. Also we could cut wood Saturday and do some tip up northern fishing on Sunday.

Just a thought......
Not sure where you guys are in northern MN but im in the sw corner of MN, but i visit the St. cloud area quite often. could arrage pick up or delivery of the axe if your around that area.

Im Surprised CTYank isn't all over this! Every time I see him at a NY GTG he likes to remind me my fiskars is a mass produced POS. And Bob (SPIKE60) just got a line of Husqvarna axes to compare it to. If it is going to be at Bob's Ill have to sharpen up my fiskars so it can properly represent mass production.

Im Surprised CTYank isn't all over this! Every time I see him at a NY GTG he likes to remind me my fiskars is a mass produced POS. And Bob (SPIKE60) just got a line of Husqvarna axes to compare it to. If it is going to be at Bob's Ill have to sharpen up my fiskars so it can properly represent mass production.

Well there's a fine line here. Leveraxe has a wooden handle but newfangled head. So it may not be "traditional" enough for them. :D

On that note, nobody from IA, Indy, or Spike GTG has spoken up so I guess it's going from me to the next individual user.

For those in line next, @zogger @stihly dan @Philbert @Hinerman @Zeus103363 @ziggo_2 @Marshy Do you guys want to honor the "next in line" or should we keep it regional then pass it on to the next region to save on shipping costs? If you prefer the latter we can pass it through MN until late October then get it to Hinerman before the 11/1 GTG. Your call.

SVK, let me PM Spike and see if he is cool with me bringing this axe. He usually has a Husqvarna Rep there and I gotta play by his rules. If he is cool Ill pay the 25bucks to send it down the road. Ill be in touch.

Sure thing. As I mentioned earlier I'd think it would beneficial to get this in front of as many folks as possible and GTG's are the best place for that.

In full disclosure I've got no vested interest in the Leveraxe except my promise to Finland to keep in moving through the ranks.

On that note, nobody from IA, Indy, or Spike GTG has spoken up so I guess it's going from me to the next individual user.

For those in line next, @zogger @stihly dan @Philbert @Hinerman @Zeus103363 @ziggo_2 @Marshy Do you guys want to honor the "next in line" or should we keep it regional then pass it on to the next region to save on shipping costs? If you prefer the latter we can pass it through MN until late October then get it to Hinerman before the 11/1 GTG. Your call.

Regional is fine with me

It's your program svk. Figure out a system that's makes sense to you, that lets you keep track of the tool, provides enough flexibility to accommodate special events and requests, etc.

I would suggest that you decide where it gets sent each time, rather than the last user, so that you can track usage and maintain some accountability and balance. People asking to try the axe know in advance what the shipping costs may be (within the US), and have to accept that.

Thanks again for doing this.

Philbert

Hey guys.

Matt sent me a PM on this and it's cool with me if you want to send it here for the GTG. Should be 30-40 guys here to try it out. And no shortage of wood either.

But what is this thing? A splitting or chopping oriented tool? (I haven't read this thread thoroughly, sorry). Regarding the Husky stuff, it's proven to be real popular out of the gate, and things are backordered already. The new S2800 is supposed to ship next week, but the traditional wood handle maul is out to November. However it's no sweat to get my hands on one for the GTG.

And Matt; even though we get Husky to kick in something for the GTG, by no means does that close the door on anything we want to do here. This isn't their deal, it's ours. How else could we welcome Mike and all those dang Stihls. :laugh:

Hey guys.

Matt sent me a PM on this and it's cool with me if you want to send it here for the GTG. Should be 30-40 guys here to try it out. And no shortage of wood either.

But what is this thing? A splitting or chopping oriented tool? (I haven't read this thread thoroughly, sorry). Regarding the Husky stuff, it's proven to be real popular out of the gate, and things are backordered already. The new S2800 is supposed to ship next week, but the traditional wood handle maul is out to November. However it's no sweat to get my hands on one for the GTG.

And Matt; even though we get Husky to kick in something for the GTG, by no means does that close the door on anything we want to do here. This isn't their deal, it's ours. How else could we welcome Mike and all those dang Stihls. :laugh:

It's a splitting tool with a unique "lever" action supposed to help split the wood. To give you a very abbreviated summary of the original thread, member Finland had provided one to the AS community to pass along. After moving through several members, a newbie got a hold of it and disappeared, never to be heard from again. Finland has agreed to provide us with a demo of the "2nd generation" Leveraxe for our testing and review.

From the you tube videos out there, this is supposed to be the cat's derriere for smaller splits and straight grained wood. Has yet to be tested on the more difficult american species like elm.

Also as a recap I am facilitating this thread but have nothing to gain by the Leveraxe's success or lack thereof. Finland has my word that I will do my best to keep it circulating as long as possible through the AS community. We are giving GTG's the priority in the rotation as it will give multiple members the chance to try it in the same day.

As I told Mechanic Matt I can send it to him or you as long as someone agrees to send it to the next member on the Monday following the GTG. (This pending that it arrives at my house in time to test it...according to tracking it's still sitting at a shipping terminal in Finland as we speak).

Latest posts

Back