The "unofficial" 6 cube sticky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IEL (Industrial Engineering Ltd.) model RA. IEL was one of several chainsaw manufacturers in Canada. I believe they became or were rolled into Pioneer.

The other...

View attachment 560893

Mark

The date might be a little sketchy, but Outboard Marine bought IEL in 1956 and moved the operation to Peterborough Ontario and renamed it Pioneer Saws Ltd.

I have two of these now, the latest even has the foot rest.

View attachment 560870

Mark

'Fat Alice' almost got bead blasted and left natural aluminum.
755838b1eda2aabe61774254fba7b927.jpg

The date might be a little sketchy, but Outboard Marine bought IEL in 1956 and moved the operation to Peterborough Ontario and renamed it Pioneer Saws Ltd.

that purchase date may well be, but saws were produced in Burnaby [Vancouver] til 59 or 60. the ra was 57-58, but the ja/jb/jc/800 were the last of the sand cast saws and continued to be made there after the ra.
iel plant now
IMG_1101.JPG
back in the day
IMG_1104.JPG
nother tidbit... mike acres' warehouse is immediately to left, next door to it.

Watch that thing doesn't break your tailgate off. Looks to be in great shape. If you're lonely for the north let me know and I'll send you a box of black flies.

Those are new gate cables, thank You.
She isn't much heavier than that cool PullOn you had.

Well the bar is, but not so much the rest.

They haven't arrived here yet, but I'm betting after the May 2-4 weekend, they'll greet me upon my return.

Those are new gate cables, thank You.
She isn't much heavier than that cool PullOn you had.

Well the bar is, but not so much the rest.

They haven't arrived here yet, but I'm betting after the May 2-4 weekend, they'll greet me upon my return.

If I was you I'd give a couple of quarts of blood and take it up with me.

Back