The unofficial Mac 10-10 thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you look he is using a skip tooth chain which makes it easier to pull through the wood and he is a master at sharping a chain. The 10-10 is a great saw even by todays standards. And nothing sounds any better than a McCulloch running full throttle in a piece of wood. I watch all his videos.

You also have to remember that he's cutting softwood, pine, cedar, green fir etc. So yeah with a skip chain its definitely possible although I don't think you could lean on the saw very much.

Got a 2-10 I think and three other parts saws for $5, my son wants the other saws [they are ryobis or suchlike ] and he's welcome to them. Already have a 2-10 so hoping to get a nice one out of the two.

Turns out it's a super 2-10, the muffler it toast but it's otherwise all there. What's the difference between a super and normal 2-10?

Oh yeah, it runs.

The pistons are the same, the cylinders have different part numbers but I have no idea what the differences may be.

Mark

Thank you ,on the ********* one of the mac guys said that it has a better carb and filter than a standard 2-10 which has a bullfrog as well as what you said about the cylinder differences.

Picked this one up a couple weeks ago. $30, it's a runner with fresh fuel and a little prime. Needs a bar and chain and a chainbrake band
37b2217adb92b5af44c420aa6c695808.jpg
b261a49abd1b8c4f29922947e6e98142.jpg
b6c7607c4e2971f0e3bb8a6c89d0fb54.jpg
f311ef2cff1c19a47c14ef0d98ad6005.jpg

Very nice saw. The rope length should be around 50". There should be a channel in the pulley hub for the rope and a small nail/brad to hold it in place.

Thanks man,

Replacing the pull cord wasn't hard at all. 50" was about perfect length.

Does anyone know the size adapter (10mm, 12mm, 14mm, and 18mm) for compression tester on these saws? I want to check the compression on my PM 55 since the Mac 10-10 feels so much stronger.

Latest posts

Back