The unofficial Mac 10-10 thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greeting everybody! my first post! So i have a 10 10 A. model 60013K. It runs kinda but before i can justify fixing the carb i need some things and being from Canada isnt easy, hopefully someone can point out some options. I've cruised ebay finding some things and nothing on other parts. i wish to get it in running condition that would be awsome!

i need the clutch cover How do i tell if the saw came with a brake? brake mech, bar spacer,bar, chain,
kill switch, fuel line tank gasket, k10sdc, air filter
who can help out with finding a clutch cover for a reasonable price, thanks

PerkAdan - Bar plates are available & recommended even if they were not OEM on that saw as they help protect the saw if the chain gets loose or comes off. AF is also available, keep looking...

chopwood - I will look at old IPLs next week to see if 60013K had a brake, either way the short clutch cover with a brake will fit. Everything you need can be found.

heimannm is on the road again...

Mark

444C80F3-7A2F-4765-8F7E-3814E9A88BD5.jpeg Thank you for the reply heimannm!!
I can put a bar plate on the side next to the motor but it looks like if I put one on the bar cover side the adjusting screw will not reach the bar for adjusting chain tension. Will I need to install a different chain tensioner screw?
Also I cannot find the serial number on this saw. I looked in the air box around the carburetor and I looked under the saw. Where else could it be located.

Greeting everybody! my first post! So i have a 10 10 A. model 60013K. It runs kinda but before i can justify fixing the carb i need some things and being from Canada isnt easy, hopefully someone can point out some options. I've cruised ebay finding some things and nothing on other parts. i wish to get it in running condition that would be awsome!

i need the clutch cover How do i tell if the saw came with a brake? brake mech, bar spacer,bar, chain,
kill switch, fuel line tank gasket, k10sdc, air filter
who can help out with finding a clutch cover for a reasonable price, thanks

chopwood - I will look at old IPLs next week to see if 60013K had a brake, either way the short clutch cover with a brake will fit. Everything you need can be found.

heimannm is on the road again...

Mark

Assuming you meant 600013K.

Since Mark is away, your saw did come with a brake with the short clutch cover.

Attaching and IPL for your saw so you can see parts and part numbers.

Attachments

• McCulloch-Gas-Chain-Saws-Parts-Manuals-11-600013K-PRO-10-10-04-75-to-04-77-IPL-92379A-R1.pdf
    351.1 KB · Views: 14
Wow haimannm and fossile you guys rock!
Ok the short one hey! I looked all over I can not find this part where I got this saw. And I really need the cover to rip some wood!

This saw runs, kinda I think it’s got a air leak or carb kit would fixer!! Could you recommend a Canadian seller or a eBay seller you guys like for Mac parts?

Wow haimannm and fossile you guys rock!
Ok the short one hey! I looked all over I can not find this part where I got this saw. And I really need the cover to rip some wood!

This saw runs, kinda I think it’s got a air leak or carb kit would fixer!! Could you recommend a Canadian seller or a eBay seller you guys like for Mac parts?

The sale of parts for old saws is pretty scarce in Canada. I either buy from the US or look for a cheap parts saw that has what I want. You might want to try this thread https://www.arboristsite.com/commun...north-america-old-magnesium-swap-meet.192591/

Or this one, https://www.arboristsite.com/community/forums/tradin-post.132/

The issue is the cost of shipping from the US to Canada has become stupid expensive.

yes the shipping is murder! thanks fossil i post'd looking for the cover. Gotta do what i gotta do to buck wood.

I found these beauties for 125$ plus 65$shipped Canadian pasos on the buy sell, I know the cover wont work, but i need somthing to look cool while i kill trees. whats better than 1 1010... 2 haha
chainsaws1010.JPG
saw I want to get going, feed 20:1 and cherish forever,nothing special yet..i found it in the dump. sad
1010pro.jpg 101010pro.jpg

Attachments

• chainsaws1010.JPG
    chainsaws1010.JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 27
yes the shipping is murder! thanks fossil i post'd looking for the cover. Gotta do what i gotta do to buck wood.

I found these beauties for 125$ plus 65$shipped Canadian pasos on the buy sell, I know the cover wont work, but i need somthing to look cool while i kill trees. whats better than 1 1010... 2 haha
View attachment 673268
saw I want to get going, feed 20:1 and cherish forever,nothing special yet..i found it in the dump. sad
View attachment 673265 View attachment 673266

Good going. I tried a long cover on a short cover saw and the fit was pretty close. Maybe just the way the cylinder shroud is bent but you could likely make a long cover fit.

Mark would know better than me.

Looks like you're covered on 10-10's now.

New GUY. New at chainsaws, well versed in auto/MC Engines. Just got my F.I.L.s {RIP Big Al } Old chainsaw that no one wanted. Laid in a steel shed for years. PRO MAC 10-10 Mod 600014U ser# 12-83470 sprocket tip 16" bar. NOTE she is 40 years old purchased on 10/13/78.
Screwed with it for a bit got her to run [ on very old gas and oil. lots of smoke, super fast idle ] Starter rope hanging out about 6/7"
Not sure if it has a Auto oiler [anyway to tell?]
Cut to the chase New plug, New "stihl 33RS3-60 chain. [ has guide plates] Cleaned the hell out of it. Fixed the started recoil spring. New Gas/oil Tanaka 50 to 1 mix. [added a bit more to be safe. ]
Started on the 4/5 pull [ no Air box cover on] Runs great, had to adj. The idle and low speed a few times. Very Little smoke. Air box gets a bit damp, not wet. Adj. The bar/chain 2 3 times after running, not cutting. Did 5 small diameter limb cuts. WOW. Checked the chain after the last cut. Seems to drip a Little bar/chain oil from the bottom. Yes I did push the manual pump when breaking in the new chain. Had to fix [ I hope] The cross threaded oil cap.
My problem is the leaking Gas cap when held on its side. My cap has the brass vent? with the spring and just black goo in the vent . Cork gasket ok But?
Looked all over flea bay and on line web sites.. NO caps for this model. I can get a gasket [ or get a rubber "O" ring , but is there a fix for the Vent. Will be lightly used for fire wood for the fire pit.
Any help ? Have the Org. Owners Manual. [ hope the pics show up] Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• IMG_2714.JPG
    IMG_2714.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2717.JPG
    IMG_2717.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2721.JPG
    IMG_2721.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2715.JPG
    IMG_2715.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2716.JPG
    IMG_2716.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2718.JPG
    IMG_2718.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 27
New GUY. New at chainsaws, well versed in auto/MC Engines. Just got my F.I.L.s {RIP Big Al } Old chainsaw that no one wanted. Laid in a steel shed for years. PRO MAC 10-10 Mod 600014U ser# 12-83470 sprocket tip 16" bar. NOTE she is 40 years old purchased on 10/13/78.
Screwed with it for a bit got her to run [ on very old gas and oil. lots of smoke, super fast idle ] Starter rope hanging out about 6/7"
Not sure if it has a Auto oiler [anyway to tell?]
Cut to the chase New plug, New "stihl 33RS3-60 chain. [ has guide plates] Cleaned the hell out of it. Fixed the started recoil spring. New Gas/oil Tanaka 50 to 1 mix. [added a bit more to be safe. ]
Started on the 4/5 pull [ no Air box cover on] Runs great, had to adj. The idle and low speed a few times. Very Little smoke. Air box gets a bit damp, not wet. Adj. The bar/chain 2 3 times after running, not cutting. Did 5 small diameter limb cuts. WOW. Checked the chain after the last cut. Seems to drip a Little bar/chain oil from the bottom. Yes I did push the manual pump when breaking in the new chain. Had to fix [ I hope] The cross threaded oil cap.
My problem is the leaking Gas cap when held on its side. My cap has the brass vent? with the spring and just black goo in the vent . Cork gasket ok But?
Looked all over flea bay and on line web sites.. NO caps for this model. I can get a gasket [ or get a rubber "O" ring , but is there a fix for the Vent. Will be lightly used for fire wood for the fire pit.
Any help ? Have the Org. Owners Manual. [ hope the pics show up] Thanks for your time.

There's a duck bill valve under that brass plug that's turned to goo. Clean the goo out and put a Poulan duck bill valve in. Valve, spring, plug.

Poulan PN 530026119. Flange on the valve goes in first.

530026119.gif

NICE!

What fossil said about replacing the duckbill valve is right, make sure you get all the goo out of the brass plug and off the spring (mine was melted on to everything).

I used a Stens 610-345 Duck Bill Valve (from Amazon) which is shorter (for Homelite saws). When I took it apart to clean it looked the the assembly was gas cap, spring, duck bill and then the brass plug because there was a lot of black rubber crud packed into the brass.

Is there any chance you would be willing to scan the owners manual? I've looked online and had no success finding a copy.

Guys thanks for the Tip about the duck bill valve! When I pulled the vented Brass plug, [ 3rd pic.) the spring stayed in the gas cap. The Brass vent hole is filled with black goo. Stopped at that point.
So the spring goes in the cap first , then the duck bill valve , all held in place with the brass plug ?
Owners manual ? I can have it copied at STAPLES [ will be note book size] about 20 pages. And Mail it. My scanner is not that great.
My wife thinks I'm NUTS can't keep fooling with it. Sometimes starts on the first pull. Walking around looking for things to cut.

Since we are talking about cap vents I have a question. My pm700 has a brass plug like mentioned here, but my 10-10 auto has a slightly larger plug that looks like it's stainless. I tried prying it out but gave up cause it wasn't letting go. Is it pressed in just like the brass ones and also everything under it same as brass ones?

Guys thanks for the Tip about the duck bill valve! When I pulled the vented Brass plug, [ 3rd pic.) the spring stayed in the gas cap. The Brass vent hole is filled with black goo. Stopped at that point.
So the spring goes in the cap first , then the duck bill valve , all held in place with the brass plug ?
Owners manual ? I can have it copied at STAPLES [ will be note book size] about 20 pages. And Mail it. My scanner is not that great.
My wife thinks I'm NUTS can't keep following with it. Sometimes starts on the first pull. Walking around looking for things to cut.

The duck bill goes in first. Flange against the cap, next the spring over the body of the duckbill (seals the valve against the cap), and last the brass plug

The duck bill goes in first. Fange against the cat, next the spring obe the body of the duckbill (seals the valve against the cap), and last the brass plug

Thanks for the correction, I had mine with the duckbill in the brass plug.

Since we are talking about cap vents I have a question. My pm700 has a brass plug like mentioned here, but my 10-10 auto has a slightly larger plug that looks like it's stainless. I tried prying it out but gave up cause it wasn't letting go. Is it pressed in just like the brass ones and also everything under it same as brass ones?

Should be. Carefully secure the cap in a vise somehow (wrapped in a rag maybe) and twist the insert to break it loose. Some of these can be tricky simply because the cap material itself (bakelite?) is so brittle. I haven't broken one yet, but have needed to apply quite a bit of force to twist the brass insert loose on my initial fix. Have done several since with varying degrees of resistance than the first one. Just need to be careful.

This guy makes high quality re-pop gaskets at a reasonable price for anyone in need.

https://www.ebay.com/str/gotfishon43?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

On second thought, could you post a pic of that cap and insert? I'd hate to steer you in the wrong direction if it's yet another style of vent that I've yet to run across.

Be more than happy to digitize that manual for you just to have a copy for my own archives. Would also be happy to provide a link for others who may want a copy.

Latest posts

Back