The unofficial Mac 10-10 thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got all my 10-10's in one place. Now to see how many I can get operational. So far I got one runner and a 2nd needing a carb kit and bar. Will get a pic up tomorrow.

Eyeopener

I have two Mac 10s, a Pro and a Auto and a pile of minies we won't mention.
Also numerous 50cc saws, Stihl,Craftsman and Huskys, all fairly close in performance.
I wanted something special, I put a 8pin rim and a 16"bar on the Mac 10 Auto to limb and cut small wood.
WOW! It turned into a tiger, chips the size of cornflakes flying everywere. Realy woke that saw up.
I buryed that bar into hard dry Elm and never slowed it down.
Some guys think big saw, long bar but a short bar and fast chain may be the answer on small wood.
I have a Dolmar 7900 with a 28" and 32" for the big stuff. Almost like watching paint dry in comparison.
I lucked into another Mac, a MAC-15, 80cc with 404 chain. Needs work and parts, can't wait to run that one.
19 pound power head plus a beavertail bar, I think its going on the shelf to look at, and wonder about the men that ran these beasts daily. Maybe when I wore a younger mans clothes. :msp_wink:

FREDM

The Mac 15 was McCulloch's first consumer saw...believe it or not...their focus to that point was the pro's.

Little things, like the exposed throttle linkage and carb, indicate it was intended for homeowner use.

neat saw, I have a shelf queen as well.

I bought a 10-10S off Craigslist yesterday. Never see any for sale when I need a saw, but I couldn't pass it up. Very clean saw, but its missing the dogs. I will do a photo shoot with it soon.

Chain looks hideous, but its a strong runner even in hardwood with a very bad chain. Light weight, classic McCulloch sound, I like it.

Cheers
'Quatch

attachment.php

The professional Mac 10-10s.

I should disclose that those rounds were cut with a 460 Rancher. Sorry.

Cheers
'Quatch

just bought this saw last fall it is a Mac 10-10 600005 , still has the original tag in carb housing , so i know it is a 69-70 manufacture year,I use it on a regular basis, I will post pics later

Welcome aboard. Some 10-10 rep sent your way. Be sure to say hi in the McCulloch thread within the 'Chainsaw Stickies" section.:cheers:

I got this one from mattinky a year or so ago. It was a great deal and woke me up to the world of the 10-10.
DSC06566.jpg

I acquired this for $10 at an auction in northern Wisconsin last summer. It was toted as a "fixer upper", which consisted of cleaning the air filter and fresh gas.
DSC06995.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out how to fix this little issue though.
DSC06996.jpg

Great saws!

The best, but most involved way to fix that would be to get a handle/tank/carb box casting from a parted out 10-10A and swap it in.:msp_thumbup:

Thanks for reminding me. I actually had a possible lead on those parts back in August. I pm'd him now so maybe that will pan out. It's not a big deal as I can choke it to shut it off, but it is nice to have things working properly right? I also am keeping my eye open for a replacement clutch cover/brake like mine that isn't broken out by the chain tensioner.

Thanks for reminding me. I actually had a possible lead on those parts back in August. I pm'd him now so maybe that will pan out. It's not a big deal as I can choke it to shut it off, but it is nice to have things working properly right? I also am keeping my eye open for a replacement clutch cover/brake like mine that isn't broken out by the chain tensioner.

damn shame you are not in Spokane, Wa, I would let you kick around in my 10 series pile.

Jim - I could use a few spare clutch covers, the short style with the chain brake features if you had 3 or 4. I'd even be willing to pay for the parts and shipping to boot (actually to 50624).

I will confess that they probably won't end up on 10-10's, I have a few PM55's that sacrificed their covers so my SP60, 70, and 81's and the current 81E project would be equipped with brakes. Now the PM55's feel neglected...

Mark

PM me if you're still looking. I have the parts and we can work something out ... unless, of course, you're gonna go kick around in Jim's pile.

Hey Jim! Got any non-CB 10-10 clutch covers you can send me? Lookin' for one/two ....

Jim - I could use a few spare clutch covers, the short style with the chain brake features if you had 3 or 4. I'd even be willing to pay for the parts and shipping to boot (actually to 50624).

I will confess that they probably won't end up on 10-10's, I have a few PM55's that sacrificed their covers so my SP60, 70, and 81's and the current 81E project would be equipped with brakes. Now the PM55's feel neglected...

Mark
The only spare one with parts I have is going to Aaron, I do have a few without the brake parts but most are rough, I will keep my eyes open though.

PM me if you're still looking. I have the parts and we can work something out ... unless, of course, you're gonna go kick around in Jim's pile.

Hey Jim! Got any non-CB 10-10 clutch covers you can send me? Lookin' for one/two ....

Let me dig around in my pile, I may have a few floating around, one may even have a dawg on it.

Back