The unofficial Mac 10-10 thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I changed the crank seals on my SP81 last week, so I figured it would be a good opportunity to take it out and cut some big (3ft+) fir with it on the weekend.
It is an impressive saw. Pulled the long bar no problem.

IMG_20200410_173409_323.jpg

It has the fixed high speed carburetor, which means it runs too rich in anything small, but its just perfect for the big pieces.

I posted this over on Mac sticky, but figured I'd throw it here too for folks that love 10-10 but don't visit Mac sticky. Scored this nice 10-10s with a couple other parts saws. Cleaned it up and put fuel to it and it fired right up. This is the second 10-10s I've owned, never should have let the first one go.20200429_161515.jpg20200429_161525.jpg20200429_161532.jpg

Funny thing about the 70e is I let one of those go last year too. I needed cash for something else, but immediately regretted it after I sold it. Took forever to find another one, scored that with a 041fb for $75. Got the fb running and sold it for $80 and I'm keeping the 70e. For good this time! Last one had older ignition and plastic fan, this one is later ignition and metal fan. Added bonus!

If it is an older saw it might have the 3 bolt automatic oil pump which meams you would need to remove the tank to remove the auto pump too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have the first example of the next batch of full wrap handle bars for the 10 Series saws with no anti-vibe features. These will fit either left hand or right hand start saws. I don't have the final cost yet but I expect the selling price to be between $75 and $95.

20200528_112938.jpg

20200528_112955.jpg

20200528_113002.jpg

20200528_113009.jpg

20200528_113032.jpg

Keep in mind that the clutch cover on later saws (basically anything after the 7-10) will still need to be modified to clear the handle.

Mark

I have the first example of the next batch of full wrap handle bars for the 10 Series saws with no anti-vibe features. These will fit either left hand or right hand start saws. I don't have the final cost yet but I expect the selling price to be between $75 and $95.

View attachment 831549

View attachment 831551

View attachment 831552

View attachment 831553

View attachment 831554

Keep in mind that the clutch cover on later saws (basically anything after the 7-10) will still need to be modified to clear the handle.

Mark

Mark that is beautiful. Is that some changes vs the 1st batch? I don't remember the bend for the starter being there.

Have you got a weight vs the alloy? Original?

This one has the offset on the left side to clear the starter on LH starter saws so it can be a bit more compact than the ones that were extra wide to get past the LH starter.

I checked the weights, the steel version is 20 ounces and the original aluminum are around 11 ounces.

Mark

View attachment 831549

View attachment 831551

View attachment 831552

View attachment 831553

View attachment 831554

Mark
When you are ready to offer these I will definitely take one for my 700!!! No issues modifying the clutch cover, in fact, I'd like to find am early, non chain brake cover for it.
I honestly wasnt a fan of the extra wide look of the first batch.
I tried to figure out a way to bend EMT conduit on a tight radius to make one for one of my RH start saws but all my attempts failed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

They were around 60 bux when I got mine. Snag a $20 coupon somewhere and there ya go. There's a workaround for the timer which only goes for 8 minutes in stock form. The heater works great. If I had it to do over again I'd bite the bullet and get one large enough to do case halves and other larger parts. Then just put carbs in smaller containers (or zip lock baggies) with your solution of choice into whatever else happens to be in the tank and go.

Here's the cheapie: https://www.harborfreight.com/25-Liter-Ultrasonic-Cleaner-63256.html
Could you tell me the workaround for the timer

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back