The unofficial Mac 10-10 thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I probably have some green buttons on oiler rods in the attic at the garage. Sawdust screens? I have a bunch printed up. Not sure how expensive shipping is to Australia these days but I am sure it is breathtaking.

The early version of the printed screens had round holes. These were changed to triangles to make a better print quality.

View attachment 865421

View attachment 865422

View attachment 865423

Mark
Hi Mark,

I will have a look at mine tomorrow night. I honestly cannot remember. Yours looks really good.

Can I ask a price please ?

Cheers

Justin

The originals were a kind of mesh with rectangular openings. I could not reproduce those with my printer so I had to go with the round or triangular openings. I did find some oiler rods with the green button in the attic today.

20201102_140752.jpg

Check your inbox for more details.

Mark

$12.50 + shipping for 1-2 pieces, $10 each for 3 or more.

Check with the postmaster to make sure they caught the mail thief in your area...I am sure I still have a copy of a letter from D.L. Barrett in Little Rock telling me the first package I sent you had been stolen.

20201115_174109.jpg

Mark

I have a question about rebuilding an SDC carburetor for a 10-10.

It is my understanding that you install both check valve diaphragms on the pump side.

Does it matter which diaphragm sits against the body of the carb? The “tan” one or the “black” one?

Which gasket do you place against the cover? The “thick” one or the “thin” one?

I have a question about rebuilding an SDC carburetor for a 10-10.

It is my understanding that you install both check valve diaphragms on the pump side.

Does it matter which diaphragm sits against the body of the carb? The “tan” one or the “black” one?

Which gasket do you place against the cover? The “thick” one or the “thin” one?

Get me the model of the SDC and I'll get you the thick or thin gasket info.

The black pump diaphragm goes against the carb body. Then the tan check valve diaphragm then the gasket on top.

Generally the thin gasket goes in when both diaphragms are used but not always.

Not all SDC's use the check valve diaphragm.

If you want to check out which pump side gasket your carb uses you can find it in the attached file.

The item number is #22 in the charts
The thick gasket is PN 92-108 0.064" thick

The thin gasket PN 92-93 0.031" thick

Attachments

• Walbro SDC Carburetor IPL-parts usage.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Isn't there something about the particular pump cover (steel/aluminum - thick/thin?) that is supposed to determine the diaphragm setup, or am I thinking of a different carb altogether?

Yes, but it's not always the case. A few of the carbs with both diaphragms in take the thick gasket.

Conventional thinking was the carbs that don't use the check valve diaphragm have the flat steel pump cover and use the thick gasket and the carbs with both diaphragms use the thin gasket.

Not knowing what the part numbers for the thick and thin gasket referred to, I sent Walbro an e-mail and an engineer was kind enough to send me the drawings for the thick and thin gaskets so I could see which one to use on the various SDC's.

He assured me it was a one time favor.

I put together a list, which does not include all the SDC's, that shows which take the thick gasket and which takes the thin.

The IPL's for all their SDC's is on their site.

Last pic is the model. SDC-37 and date stamp. Made in August 1973. One way to ballpark the vintage of a Mac. 'Course a carb made in 1973 could very well sit on a shelf in inventory until a much later date or be used as a replacement for an older saw just as easily. The latter can be fairly easy to determine (in most cases) just by the general condition of the saw along with various clues that someone has been into it somewhere along the line.

Model stamps are also common on the carb body.

Back