The unofficial Mac 10-10 thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots a weird stuff with this saw. Someone was definitely into this carb. The last rebuild had two diaphragms in it but they cut a flap out of the black one for some reason. Might explain why it wouldn’t run worth a darn.
I don’t know if the lid is warped or if there is something else wrong in the pump side. Leaking air through the impulse.

Use the thin gasket for your SDC-37.

I'm not sure what you mean by air leaking through the impulse.

You can see the air bubbles coming out of the port that connects to the crankcase impulse port. Also bubbles coming out of the atmosphere hole .

in my experience it’s usually a messed up diaphragm....

0B7D6E51-A410-4765-B6F8-0C80F89FF624.png

You can see the air bubbles coming out of the port that connects to the crankcase impulse port. Also bubbles coming out of the atmosphere hole .

in my experience it’s usually a messed up diaphragm....

View attachment 871165

Did you wet the diaphragms with mix before you did the test? If not the diaphragms and the metering needle have difficulty sealing when dry.

Once the fuel gets into the carb it should seal up. I rarely ever have issues with SDC carbs. If they are really old, a main nozzle check valve kit mat be in order.

Did you wet the diaphragms with mix before you did the test? If not the diaphragms and the metering needle have difficulty sealing when dry.

Once the fuel gets into the carb it should seal up. I rarely ever have issues with SDC carbs. If they are really old, a main nozzle check valve kit mat be in order.
Check valve kit has been changed. I happened to have one around for a rainy day. This carb seemed pretty rainy.

Both soft plugs changed. No leaks there luckily.

I swapped out the pump side cover with an SDC -1 carb that I have for a Homelite. That seems to have fixed the problem. The lid must have been warped.....?

Hi Guys,

I finally got my 10-10S backing together today but I decided to remove the muffler and give everything a good clean and made sure there was no carbon build up. There was a little, but nothing the sand blaster didn't fix. But in taking the muffler apart I was very surprised to find it has 2 spark arrestors inside it. Is this normal or just something they decided to do here in Australia.

Attachments

• 20201220_150025.jpg
    20201220_150025.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 10
  • 20201220_150049.jpg
    20201220_150049.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 10
  • 20201220_163240.jpg
    20201220_163240.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • 20201220_163258.jpg
    20201220_163258.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • 20201220_150056.jpg
    20201220_150056.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
The fine mesh screen was supplied to comply with U.S. Forest Service requirements for equipment used on Federal property. Most of the 10 Series would only have the perforated screen, others would have the fine mesh for use on Federal ground, but rarely would there be any reason to use both.

Mark

Hadn't checked the stickies for a while, and was surprised to see a whole thread on 10-10s!

I picked this up at a thrift store for $12. It just needed fuel lines, a carb cleaning, and a new air filter. I was a little surprised by how loud it was! I don't normally wear hearing protection when tuning a saw...

tenten.JPG

Hadn't checked the stickies for a while, and was surprised to see a whole thread on 10-10s!

I picked this up at a thrift store for $12. It just needed fuel lines, a carb cleaning, and a new air filter. I was a little surprised by how loud it was! I don't normally wear hearing protection when tuning a saw...

View attachment 877435

You suck man. Haha

Yeah if a Mac is running muffs are a must really or thail be ringing for sure

View attachment 877435
That's a great find for 12$! Seems like the 10-10 was all over South Carolina, I'm in the upstate.

Back