The we need to help Stump rebuild a shop, replace tools, replace saws thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Work Saw Collector

GTG Coffee Maker
Reaction score
I have asked Darin for permission to run a fundraiser, when he gets back with me there will be more info in here on that.

Stumpys Customs Shop burned couple days ago no one was hurt, but he lost a bunch.

In the OKARMOKSTX GTG thread (the last 10 pages or so of the thread are worth reading) there is some info, I will cross post some of that info over here in a little bit.

Bad news guys

My shop burnt down today. My phone was in it at the time. If I had anything of yers here I appologize & will make it up to you sumhow. Please Pm me with phone #'s so I can git back to you in person.

Nobody was hurt, there is a few tools that will be salvageable. But the shop is gone. Please be patient with me while I git stuff sorted out.

Thanks everybody fer the support. I really have no idea what is gonna be salvageable. I really ask anything from you guys other than support.
I'll git back goin eventually. This won't keep me down.
Just a heads up, don't ever ask can things git any worse, cause they can.

Big hugs for everybody from me:msp_thumbup:

PM sent to Darin last night hope he logs on today, I have to have permission before we get the ball rolling. Stay tuned to this thread.

Here's whats left. I got a pic last night before it got to dark.
This just sux:frown::cry:
shop.jpg

Sorry man that looks rough. Maybe we need to have a spring shop building GTG. Not trying to crush James' GTG just tossing ideas out there.

I am not a builder (but I know a couple in this thread) but I can hold stuff up carry stuff and really good at getting yelled at. Lets get together and build one.

Thoughts?

Thanks fellas. I need prayers right now. Just went out there to look around & bout made me sick.

I'm off to look fer some part time work to git me by for a while.

OK, caught up on the thread.

My pride is really takin a beating on this. I've always been the type to clean up my own mess. & this is my mess. With that being said, the offers here are more than overwhelming.

I still haven't really been able to stomach staying out there to see whats what for very long to even know what might be salvageable.

Please understand when I say that I need a lil time before everybody shows up to build me back up.
It may sound silly to some, but I'm kinda in a greiveing process. This shop wasn't just a place of business. It was me. All that I have been working for since I was little & starting my tool collection. Not trying to play the sypathy card in any way & some of those who know me a lil more personal on here know that I don't operate that way.

This post is I guess a vent. Arborist site is part of my life too. You are all family to me. Several on here have been pushing me for a while now & keeping me goin, and giving me help to git to where I'm at now.

This misfortune will not git me down. I may have to stay on my knees fer a bit to catch my breath after this big blow to the nutsack.

I'm not able to individually thank everybody. So here's a big thanks to you for the support that I have already received.

I have some other issues I need to resolve before I feel right about accepting any charity. This past few months have been rough.

GOD Bless you all.

Stumpy is a great guy. I talked with him on the phone to tell him what I was doing he didn't want to except but said I won't slap you in the face by not excepting. I was at his place couple summers ago, he has a great family. One of his boys (we call him cookie monster) lost his saw as well more info later but thinking we need to come up with a 50cc saw for the youngster.

I told him when one of our own is down, let us help. I don't think its charity.

Charity comes from people you don't know you know us.

Last edited:
Just about all the guys in the GTG thread are offering the labor to rebuild a shop. I will post as we figure it out. I will post my PayPay and mailing address later.

Some members have donated things to raffle in this thread more after Darin says its ok.

Edit: for now I don't want this thread sticky, they don't get read like a thread that moves, the OKARMOKS guys know how to keep a thread on top. :msp_biggrin:

Last edited:
One of his boys (we call him cookie monster) lost his saw as well more info later but thinking we need to come up with a 50cc saw for the youngster.

I told him when one of our own is down, let us help. I don't think its charity.

Charity comes from people you don't know you know us.

PM me an address buddy. I just finished a Husky 49 and wasn't to sure what to do with it. Now I know.

PM me an address buddy. I just finished a Husky 49 and wasn't to sure what to do with it. Now I know.

That is cool man because that boy is just like his dad and loves Husky saws. I had gave him a stihl a while back he liked it but likes Husky better.

Edit: if I remember right he traded the Stihl for a Husky and that is the one that burned.

Last edited:
That is cool man because that boy is just like his dad and loves Husky saws. I had gave him a stihl a while back he liked it but likes Husky better.

Now see I'm just the opposite, too much orange just hurts my eyes......

Hang tough Stump, it's all gets better from here out.

Edit: if I remember right he traded the Stihl for a Husky and that is the one that burned.

Stumpy's a great Dad Bringing the boys up right:msp_biggrin::clap::clap:.

How long you going to let this run? A New year's Eve drawing?

I'll get with some of the key players and come up with a date.

Edit: I may get some help from past fundraiser hosts for advice. Brad, Arrowhead, Scooterbum, Joat.

Last edited:
Back