The we need to help Stump rebuild a shop, replace tools, replace saws thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes this was my shop I worked out of. Self employed. I know everything can be replaced It was just stuff, But it was stuff I've been collecting all my life. That shop & everything in it was me. Don't git me wrong my wife & kids come first & thank God that I have them.

I'm goin to the fire house today to have a report done up so I can talk to the ins people. The bank has also said they would help out in any way they could.

To be honest with everybody here I was behind on my mortgage. It's just been rough. I'm not proud of that especially since ya'll are donating money to make up for my problems.

I will make the most of what I can with the donations, and do what I can to someday return the favor.

Stumpy, Right now just put one foot in front of the other. Sounds like you're doing just that. This too shall pass. And you will rally!! I'm like Mastermind right now. Truck is broke, but will send $ as soon as I can. Bob Keep the Faith Brother!

You guys are great. I just threw around a very large amount of rep in this thread, which is completely meaningless, but it made me feel better.:smile2:

I'm away from the net for a few hours and this thing just blows up. Awesome what's going on here!

If you want to send me that 090G, I'll donate the time and labor to go through it and make it 100%. I don't have the time I used to, so I'll put my Mac 101 projects on hold. They're just toys anyway. I bet we can bring in $1500-$2000 with this one saw!

I've actually got an offer on the mill for $340 + shipping to over seas. That's $100 more than a new one. Talk about generous!

Last edited:
i am like a lot of you,,cash is extremely short right now,, but i will do what i can to help

I'm away from the net for a few hours and this thing just blows up. Awesome what's going on here!

If you want to send me that 090G, I'll donate the time and labor to go through it and make it 100%. I don't have the time I used to, so I'll put my Mac 101 projects on hold. They're just toys anyway. I bet we can bring in $1500-$2000 with this one saw!

I've actually got an offer on the mill for $340 + shipping to over seas. That's $100 more than a new one. Talk about generous!

Man I was waiting on you, I'll let you contact the donater of the saw. Thank you.

Wow 13 pages I just got off work so I was behind. Stumpy and I have been friends for along time I hate this for him but we will make it better. I will assist in any way I can I sell quite a bit of stuff on ebay and if someone wants me to list something for them i will I have access to alot of secure storage for any items until he gets back and going.

Stumpy, I just got home from job #2. So SORRY to here this. Ill see what I can do, I feel your pain brother. I work two jobs to keep the meat on the table. Times are tough, just keep moving forward.

This just SUCKS! In every way!
I've no money or saws I can donate, but depending how far you are from Wichita KS, I can show up with a nice load of tools and equipment to help with. I'm not the best help anymore, but I've still got the tools to do it!

With almost all homeowner's policies, outbuildings (accessory buildings) are covered as a percentage of the primary residence. ie, probably not near enough. The contents coverage may come from his homeowner policy though. Unless he had a separate policy or rider on the shop it will likely leave him lacking.

It sounded like he had a wood burner in the shop that started the fire that probably wasn't inspected or had a permit for, The IC probably wont cover anything because of some technicality unfortunately is my guess.:msp_unsure:

Im a little short on cash too. I work outside, its winter time, and its christmas time on top of that. I have a mint little Husky 44 black top im in the middle of rebuilding. If its OK with Stump, Id like to give it to the cookiemonster's/Stumpy Jr's when I get it done. :smile2:

If its not ok, I still got your address anyways! :laugh:

Back