The we need to help Stump rebuild a shop, replace tools, replace saws thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hum I just had a thougth I hope we don't flood ebay with saws and the bottom fall out of prices:dizzy:

You have a very good point there! I know how these guys are on here!They will flood it with saws! I am just amazed how far out of there way they will go to help a fellow ASer out!Even if they never met them! This site is just one big family that all look out for each other! Not all but darn near it!! I am putting these saws I have on CL today for a start.I have before but not much luck in my area? They are just home owner saws.But I will put cheap prices on them so they may go? Sorry that is about all I can do at the moment.I will go get some pics in a few.

Stumpy, i know u lost ur 372's. That just plain sucks.

Ok guys, here's what I got and here's the plan.

cd7b7b06.jpg

3aaf247c.jpg

She ain't the prettiest girl at the ball, but she's solid, nothin missing or broke or anything like that. The big end bearing looks like hammered death though, but I got a nice crank for it. It's headed to Masterminds house tomorrow, to get pressed apart. What it needs is new main bearings, seals, gaskets and a hopefully a nice 372 top end. I'm hoping somebody out there has some stuff laying around we can use, and get stumpy back a smelly old husky.... Er...I mean a rompin stomping wood eating orange thingy!!

:laugh:

Can anybody help out?

cd7b7b06.jpg

3aaf247c.jpg

She ain't the prettiest girl at the ball, but she's solid, nothin missing or broke or anything like that. The big end bearing looks like hammered death though, but I got a nice crank for it. It's headed to Masterminds house tomorrow, to get pressed apart. What it needs is new main bearings, seals, gaskets and a hopefully a nice 372 top end. I'm hoping somebody out there has some stuff laying around we can use, and get stumpy back a smelly old husky.... Er...I mean a rompin stomping wood eating orange thingy!!

Can anybody help out?

I'll do the labor, popup, port work, whatever Stumpy wants done to it.

Thanks Jeremy, for giving me a chance to do something.

I am sending PMs to those that asked for mailing address.

Edit: Done.

Stephen- go ahead and get me the address as well. I have a nice, pro-grade 54cc Husky that I can rebuild and pitch in.

Can anybody help out?

J- I can help with an XPW top end I think. I know I have a good cylinder but I'm not sure on the piston. If someone has a new or like-new 51.4mm piston then we're rocking and rolling. I have a new 372XPW decal for the starter and I can pitch in a new gasket set as well.

Wow stumpy, so sorry to hear of your loss, I might have some tools i can send your way when i get back home later in the month. Thinking of sending you money as well, hell you could put it to better things then i can! :)

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Stephen- go ahead and get me the address as well. I have a nice, pro-grade 54cc Husky that I can rebuild and pitch in.

J- I can help with an XPW top end I think. I know I have a good cylinder but I'm not sure on the piston. If someone has a new or like-new 51.4mm piston then we're rocking and rolling. I have a new 372XPW decal for the starter and I can pitch in a new gasket set as well.

Just for my tracking.

PM mailing info sent.

Stumpy will also need tools, especially hand tools, comp gauge, tach, etc...

But the big thing right now is a shop...

i got a homelite bar that i'll send. i don't need it and i'll clean it up real good.just trying to help a fellow member out.i'll try to dig up some more parts and cash to send when i can. sorry for your lost stumpy we are here to help.

Stumpy will also need tools, especially hand tools, comp gauge, tach, etc...

But the big thing right now is a shop...

My comp gauge made it as far as I know. I got it out of the drawer & the pastic case didn't look like it got hot. Just a lil smoke film on it. I think my tach was in the truck as well. I'll have to check. My beloved scrench made too. I've had the same one for around 8 years now. And yes it's a Stihl scrench:msp_scared:

It will be kinda odd to me haveing a saw built by somebody else, but if it is it might as well be done by one of the best, at least for know, till I git back up & runnin.:potstir: Sorry Randy, I had too.

I'm about to the point to where I don't want to know what you guys are doin. Yer gonna do it anyways. Just simply overwhelming.

My comp gauge made it as far as I know. I got it out of the drawer & the pastic case didn't look like it got hot. Just a lil smoke film on it. I think my tach was in the truck as well. I'll have to check. My beloved scrench made too. I've had the same one for around 8 years now. And yes it's a Stihl scrench:msp_scared:

It will be kinda odd to me haveing a saw built by somebody else, but if it is it might as well be done by one of the best, at least for know, till I git back up & runnin.:potstir: Sorry Randy, I had too.

I'm about to the point to where I don't want to know what you guys are doin. Yer gonna do it anyways. Just simply overwhelming.

Yes... Sometimes it's just best to not look, when it comes to this bunch...
:big_smile:

i have the piston and cylinder covered. jacob sent me a cylinder back a few weeks ago when i got mine smashed . i was able to save mine so now the pay it forward comes in. i have a nice oem piston to add to it and best of all i live the next county over from randy.

Cash is something I'm short on at the moment. It's just that time of year. :(

I won't be short forever though. :D

maybe not, but cjcocn and Art Vandelay will be... :msp_biggrin:

man if you got a scrench, a tach, a compression gauge, a card table and an umbrella, you can go back to work ... :hmm3grin2orange:
* in for the card table and umbrella...

I'm broke and in the negative too, and trying to figure out what I can do to assist other than labor. I'll prob get a box of tools together if you can post up pics of damage, or give us an idea of what's needed tool wise.

I'd suggest anyone doing an Ebay auction state that it's for Stumpy in the auction description. That may help w/the saw market/value etc and actually drive it up instead of down. I'd pay twice the going price on something if I knew all the proceeds were going toward something like this.

i have the piston and cylinder covered. jacob sent me a cylinder back a few weeks ago when i got mine smashed . i was able to save mine so now the pay it forward comes in. i have a nice oem piston to add to it and best of all i live the next county over from randy.

Thank you and I need your mailing address for the 066 parts.

Last edited:
Spare $$ I don't have, a large property & shool tax bill I do have. I'll leave it at that, my situation ain't bad at all compared to what Stumpy is facing.

At this point I don't know quite know how to help. I've got a couple of complete saws that would bring some money, but probably not much. My more desireable saws that would bring better money are in parts/parts saws.

I'm going to be watching this thread to see what is the best way to help Stumpy. The first reaction is to do something, anything. Maybe I'm wrong, but for now it might be better to help out once the schock wears off and instruction from the insurances company is received.

All advice is welcome.

Back