The Whining Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darn rain and cold. Loggers shipping logs after they said they were done for the day!! Vacation is over and winter logging is on!! Wet cold.......

Today was a rather wet day. My Filson hat was a bit wet after The Used Dog and I returned from a long walk.

So, I rummaged around and actually found the wax stuff that is for tin pants. I smeared that on my hat.
My hands were sticky (this is the whining part) but it did make it easier to turn the pages of the book I'm reading.

Now, the household hint.

I finally got out my can of at least 10 year old butter flavored crisco, smeared that on my hands, then rinsed twice with Dawn, and my hands were back to normal. Funny, all I use the crisco for is to season my cast iron and remove pitch and now it has another use.

I've heard of guys usin the urinal wax things to save a buck.... No thanks, I'll just pay the money for the real McCoy! Tins smell enough, don't need to add urinal smell to it too! lol

I don't mind the smell of Filson wax. I heat my tin pans and the wax up before I apply it. Makes a hell of a lot easier.

My whine is I need new corks put in my boots. The battery in my cordless drill is dead.

Don't get me wrong I love the smell of Filsons.

I have a tin ballcap I wear daily.

The girlfriend hasn't complained about em stinkin yet so I'm good! :msp_thumbsup:

Anyone else working in the heat? It was over 100 today. If there is a water shortage in California it's because of me. I'm still pounding down water.

Not sure there is enough water right now. We went from upper 50's or so and rain to 96 and blow out sun overnight. Then they decided to put the crew down in the swamps. What a horrible day. You would not believe how much fat whites guys can leak on the first hot day of the year. We took out 3, 5 gal jugs and they were gone before the heat even decided to kick in.
I haven't woke up cramping in a long time, I didn't miss it at all.

Gonna go fishing on the coast tomorrow to get away from it. Not good enough for the boat so we'll beat the rocks some and see. Maybe we'll be lucky and get a nice band of marine fog.

Owl

I'm heading back up the pass to saw school shortly. We didn't saw a lot yesterday. We will do more today.
A wind was blowing and we were in shade so it wasn't horrible. Coming home to a stuffy house was.

The mosquitoes are small and thirsty. That area has a reputation as a place to donate blood.

Oh, one of my fellow students is a young army guy. I'll ask him if he knows Madhatte.:)

Get a good laugh at someone else´s stupidity-and those whod don´t know, learn from pain of someone else.

Hell, f**k, don´t ever get so lazy and impatient to test start ("just start, for a second, to see if everything is somehow OK") a freshly modded saw right off the bench in the basement. Never, ever, period. No matter that you have to walk about 60 paces out, no matter that there is 9 o´clock in the evening-get your lazy ass out or better, wait for tomorow. After the minor mods I did some weeks ago to a beaten 372, it was somehow acceptable to do that. Now I folowed Blsnelling´s advice about timing and used it for tiny finger ports above and back from +/- stock transfers, since the wash on the piston indicated insufficient scavenging in the rear.
I´m now not much smarter about how the saw might run, but for sure my left (closer to the dual port) sings all the time and my head aches. And it was just a start to pig rich, flooded high idle, no scream, but rather deep roar :angry:

Enjoy your day, I´m gonna stick my head into freezer or something

Latest posts

Back