The working man, and chainsaw thread!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A place where we can all share real job's, stories, pic's. Working saw, and cutting tales. The woods or suburbs. Tree jobs logging, working men, and saws!

The only trees around here that tall (all metal) have electrical service running to them for them dang fancy telephone thingies everyone has:frown:

Thats a bummer man, well you ar welcome here to look at these. Try, and find some good ones to show ya!

Thats a bummer man, well you ar welcome here to look at these. Try, and find some good ones to show ya!

I would really like the chance to climb and section out/top a tree of that size one day. It would be a rush.

It is really something to watc. My best buddy in the tree John parmeter. He is holier than Jesus at it. We have done some big jobs together. Heres another pic, and goo night my friend, I will tune in tommorow!

Well, I'm a working man, but I don't do tree work for a living. But I do some tree work. I got climbing gear, and do some removals from time to time, cut loads of firewood. Does that count?

Here is a few pics of me. Sorry for the dark pics.

Limbing as I go, You can see what looks like extra rope's, its actually steel cable I had to content with until I got to the branch it was in an could cut it down.

attachment.php

Getting ready to top.

attachment.php

Topped.

attachment.php

:popcorn: Sweet love to see em. I try and take my camera all the time now. Only problem I am always tied up cutting, or rigging something, and cant get as many pics as I want. Oh well Im trying to get better.

Well, I'm a working man, but I don't do tree work for a living. But I do some tree work. I got climbing gear, and do some removals from time to time, cut loads of firewood. Does that count?

Here is a few pics of me. Sorry for the dark pics.

Limbing as I go, You can see what looks like extra rope's, its actually steel cable I had to content with until I got to the branch it was in an could cut it down.

attachment.php

You remind me of those heli logger guys Will, are you near Vancouver Island or further inland? Oh and how's the 6401BB holding up?

Cool thread Norm :msp_thumbup:

You remind me of those heli logger guys Will, are you near Vancouver Island or further inland? Oh and how's the 6401BB holding up?

Cool thread Norm :msp_thumbup:

Yup. I live on Vancouver Island, about 30mins from where the Heli Loggers live. My mom knows the BEAST.

6401 is still plugging away.

This was my first task of the day. The estate shepherd called me at 7 30 am to let me know a tree had come down next to the main yard. It turned out to be a Horse Chestnut which I sliced up with my 390 XP then back up to help with some milling.
I did a very quick vid of the 390 and put it on youtube, TreeworkDK, for the hell of it !

This was my first task of the day. The estate shepherd called me at 7 30 am to let me know a tree had come down next to the main yard. It turned out to be a Horse Chestnut which I sliced up with my 390 XP then back up to help with some milling.
I did a very quick vid of the 390 and put it on youtube, TreeworkDK, for the hell of it !

It was sunny on the other side of the sea today? Ya bastard.

Most of what I am culling here in England is small softwoods or big hardwoods. We also did a big chestnut not long ago, but my camera was fogging up so bad I got no photos of it. A new cam is on the way. All I can do is post a photo a bud took of me removing a Douglas Fir from the side of his house. We used a 2 ton rated cable to make sure she didn't change her mind on where she wanted to go:

large.jpg

large.jpg

And here's Sawfun9 and me talking about how many chainsaw videos we can make with the Fir ;)

large.jpg

Latest posts

Back