The working man, and chainsaw thread!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ayuh,
a helmet cam is nice. Gives a great climber point of view of your work. ;)
The #1 reason I got my helmet cam(and the #1 reason I continue to use it)is I can sit down
and watch myself work. See what I did, good and bad, and learn from it. I'm my own "worst critic". :p

That was a big tree. Was that Maple, can't remember if you already said what it was or not?

I've been "reminded" of it a few times when I started SRT and I'll pass it along, when using a
toothed ascender like you have for your "only" life support is a bit risky. If, for any reason, it
failed you would only have your foot ascender holding you as your life support. :eek:
Don't take it the wrong way, it's just me being anal about safety. :rolleyes:

Well done getting that tree on the ground. :)

Ayuh,
a helmet cam is nice. Gives a great climber point of view of your work. ;)
The #1 reason I got my helmet cam(and the #1 reason I continue to use it)is I can sit down
and watch myself work. See what I did, good and bad, and learn from it. I'm my own "worst critic". :p

That was a big tree. Was that Maple, can't remember if you already said what it was or not?

I've been "reminded" of it a few times when I started SRT and I'll pass it along, when using a
toothed ascender like you have for your "only" life support is a bit risky. If, for any reason, it
failed you would only have your foot ascender holding you as your life support. :eek:
Don't take it the wrong way, it's just me being anal about safety. :rolleyes:

Well done getting that tree on the ground. :)

It was a will oak . . that is, until I uhh . . you know. ya not a good srt setup. I hooked the hand ascender to my hitch climber using a lanyard - safer.
I've been busy. Water pump in my van quit working. I got to get something else to drive. I'm thinking a 4x4 k 5 blazer, an 4x4 s10 blazer, or a panel van. Not going for no pick up truck like everyone else complains about stuff getting stolen right out the back. Got about 1,300 bucks saved up not including what I can get out of my van for weight, and maybe my little 6 x 10 foot trailer could go for six bills i think.

vu4yqy7y.jpg

Found something and driving it around. 96 chevy 4x4 s 10 blazer. Everything works fine

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389143496969.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389143496969.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 6
Hey guys I haven't checked in this thread for a while. I really do very little work in the winter if any. Today I did some trade work for the like new MS361 I got in the summer. Guy wanted these two trees cut down along a fence line that was affecting a farm field. He wanted them in the grove and that is where I got them to go. I will have cut the tree tomorrow up for it to dry and they will move it as they see fit.

I only took picture of the biggest one. At the cut it measured 69" across. At the ground it is over 7'

I need to do some back reading on this thread as it looks like you guys have been busy.

Used the 880 with a 41"
tada3ymu.jpg

Picture of my fat A$$ as well in there, I would have to of done a video but I hadn't planned on taking this tree down today but weather was perfect with favorable wind and temps with sun
ymasejup.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good to see ya Struggle! Looks like you cut the last tree over there.

I've been getting back to work a bit myself. Had someone steal my expensive phone right out my shiny red blazer. I Went in a house to look for a friend real quick and came out my cell phone was gone!. . . . So much for my big talk about having an s.u.v over a pickup for preventive theft reasons. Unfortunately I had to pawn a few things right away and went and upgraded to the galaxi note 3. Now started a job for a new contractor that called me out today to take down to willow Oaks. Lots of rigging involved in the rain grrr . . . The guy really wants me to work for him for 20 an hour. No way! Told him to just call me when He really needs a climber. I can tell I don't want to work for him esp when all his saws are dole and way out of shape. Also I won't use his gas or go up with any of his saws considering the chain brake off the husqvarna was broke off and the idle was turned up so high that the chain spins . He agreed to pay me what I want for taking these things down tomorrow, and if he needs my help offer is on the table.

Shane,
good to hear from ya' again! :D
That's quite a tree(and a great picture), nice job getting it down safe and where you wanted it.
That'll be a good day's work getting that tree "cut up", would love to see some pics of that..... :p
Ain't been all that busy myself, should pick up again before too long.
Work safe tomorrow. :chop:

ymasejup.jpg

I just last week got my MS361 from Scott aka Tree Monkey as he ported it so I will get to see how he did with the porting on it (he did both the 460 and 660 and they absolutely haul in the cut). There will be plenty of run time on it tomorrow for sure. Going to be a rare 51 degrees here so it should be ideal for some cutting weather in a sweatshirt I hope in the sun.

I just last week got my MS361 from Scott aka Tree Monkey as he ported it so I will get to see how he did with the porting on it (he did both the 460 and 660 and they absolutely haul in the cut). There will be plenty of run time on it tomorrow for sure. Going to be a rare 51 degrees here so it should be ideal for some cutting weather in a sweatshirt I hope in the sun.

Pics.....?!? :D :clap:

Pics.....?!? :D :clap:
I will take some. All I have to do is cut the tree off the fence line and then enough that they can move it down the road with a tractor/loader.

So I don't have to get crazy cutting stuff up small as that would just make more work for them as well.

Latest posts

Back