The working man, and chainsaw thread!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is what I have to cut up this afternoon. Starting right after I set this iPad down
u2y5y2u3.jpg

e7e2yzup.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One cut up or down as you want to call it. The ported MS361 did most of the work. It is very impressive for being 60cc saw now and lighter than using the MS460

Still might be a couple more cuts on the trunk but I need a tractor to bump it as I will not go in the center to cut anymore if it. It would be unsafe and could roll on me.

yparytes.jpg

I'm tired. Not so sure at my current physical condition I could remotely hang with the big timber cutters.

Last picture of the mess. Owner will have to push clear out some and then decide if they want me back to chunk it up some more.

The ported MS361 (Scott Kunz) did not disappoint at all. IT was real happy with a 20" bar on it. Nice work Scott again.

netajasy.jpg

e9uda6er.jpg

A really interesting day. This contractor that wants to be a 'boss man' comes out of the customers house every now and then. I told the guy that he needs at least one more labor if indeed that he thinks both of these willow oak trees are to be done in one day. So typical of an other contractor to be wishful of a job getting done in such a timely basis . .. mind you its a willow oak with limbs tree size that I had to tip and butt tied at the same time. This guy say's he could knock out both trees in one day. I highly doubt it. He agreed to pay more more because I sharpened all his dull ass saws and he wants me to be his ***** but when it's all said and done I won't help the smart ass salesman again considering he's a bull shitter. 1560675_10201339551473742_1398450941_n.jpg

cj I couldn't take that from anyone. You have to risk your life to climb out on trees like that and if the guy doesn't respect your work ethic how could you feel comfortable working for someone that arrogant.

cj I couldn't take that from anyone. You have to risk your life to climb out on trees like that and if the guy doesn't respect your work ethic how could you feel comfortable working for someone that arrogant.

Good work getting those trees chunked Shane, very hard work no matter how you look at it. :chop:

And cj, getting trees like that down safely in tight spaces like that takes time. People who don't
agree have never worked alone or with "little" help just won't get it. Take your time and be safe. ;)

Time to make some coffee and get ready for work..... :D

Got them things on the ground. I let the boss guy have the honer in taking down the spar. He missed the house by a a foot using what appears to be a snap cut with a gab cut out. Stupid people are everywhere and they will give you bad gas. I.M.O hope yall don't mind if I sorta vent on here.

Sent from my echo cs 355 t

Got them things on the ground. I let the boss guy have the honer in taking down the spar. He missed the house by a a foot using what appears to be a snap cut with a gab cut out. Stupid people are everywhere and they will give you bad gas. I.M.O hope yall don't mind if I sorta vent on here.

Sent from my echo cs 355 t

cj,
Any tree safely on the ground is a good way to end the day, walking away alive with no injuries or damage. Sounds like a good day..... :clap:

Ain't she perdy? Everything works on her. Seems to be in very good shape this one I got this time. Alot of miles but had just 1 owner and I can tell whoever it was took care of it as its a 96. I'm starting to muse on youtube videos about this thing so I can know its in and outs. 4 Lo works so I can use the thing to get in back yards and pull trees down. got the two tow hooks in the front, trailer hitch in the back with the electric braking system. 4.3 L v6 with the 700 r transmission. 20140110_125451.jpg

The s-10s are nice until you have to work on them. Recently had to (not same vehicle) replaced injectors on one for miss fire, oil remote filter lines (have to lift engine slightly to get them out, replace starter. They can be real tough to work on as there just is no room. But what model now days isn't tough to work on.

1545568_10201381189354663_845598484_n.jpg Aya friend gave me and old saw of his. 200 t that has good compression. though to get the handle back on right might need a new case or get the stud out somehow and put another one so he tells me. Got all the parts and its runs supposedly. Might get on trying to fix it myself, or just drop it off to a descent mechanic that can bring it to life.

cj,
I've got nothin' but good to say about my 200t, if it is a "runner" it would definitely be worth getting the stud repaired/replaced.
As you've seen in my videos I've been using and abusing my 200t for more than 3 years.....
This is the video that it took a 40 foot fall(and survived with no damage)when the clip popped off, I still can't believe it. o_O
It's at about 5:17..... :eek:

cj,
I've got nothin' but good to say about my 200t, if it is a "runner" it would definitely be worth getting the stud repaired/replaced.
As you've seen in my videos I've been using and abusing my 200t for more than 3 years.....
This is the video that it took a 40 foot fall(and survived with no damage)when the clip popped off, I still can't believe it. o_O
It's at about 5:17..... :eek:

Wow that thing stuck right in that osb?

I got some new yellow samson rigging rope today to do a job. its thick at 5/8ths and 200 ft. paid about 270 buckos. Today I used it with mo old shorted bull rope blake hitched on it for cradling some large branches over a house. Hopefully the labers that I seldom use can see the color yellow when handling a saw. 7557_10201386939298408_525829058_n.jpg

Ahh, getting over being sick here. Not much new, dropped a dead standing madrone, and nice tall skinny fir, for the woodstove, here the other day. Madrone hung up, knew it wouldn''t be heavy enough, to push through some neighboring fir limbs. Fir was a line drive! Madrone we just jerked out with a winch, tall straight one.

Norm,
good to hear from ya' again, and glad to hear you're feeling better. :D
Being sick is never pleasant, a lot of "stuff" going around this time of year.
Also good to hear you got those trees down safe, sometimes even the "little ones"
can give you the biggest trouble. :chainsaw:
Not much happening over this way right now, it's pretty cold this morning, about 0..... :cool:
Time to put some more wood in the stove, get ready for work, and make some coffee.
Work safe. :)

Back