The working man, and chainsaw thread!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats a bummer man, well you ar welcome here to look at these. Try, and find some good ones to show ya!
I got some Info from BBC put it to work and got swamp with free wood. Even had two people run me down to clear out large area of free wood no power lines no buildings. Next time you you see BBC on here check hisinfo out. I got wood and every body is out.

I keep buyin stuff. My friend is working on getting some property so he's selling things now. Just gave me a trailer for six bills. An upgrade from my old one. Plus he's going to want me to rent out the property with four acres . . . .. too many cool things happening. Here is my much larger trialer I bought today. 1622084_10201399168364127_623230673_n.jpg

Stump Griding.jpg
Ayuh,
been down with the flu for the past 3 days.....:(

I know you'll be back at it again soon fashioning something new we've never seen!! I just had a cold and I think its going away . . . Money is tight at the moment and I'm stressed a bit but I'm kicken some butt. I've got a house on three acres to be renting in a week and also been partnered with my friend on another job. Got him the stump job and took over the joy of running the stump grinder :) Four levers to play with. Was some Large stumps of trees I removed. 4 levers - Kinda like learning to play new video game. :laugh:

Last edited:
Been working on a tree for my parents over the last couple of weekends. Been slow and not so much a fun tree. Whole top was rotten and falling down and completely tangled in vines. Had to climb it to cut some of it out, in some parts my spikes would go right through, and you could see a lot of hollow spots. Not a safe tree at all, needed to come down since it was right in between a house and a road. The first pic of the tree is after I had cut a lot of the rotten stuff out. Looked far worse to start. There was still some solid wood in the tree surprisingly. The base turned out to be pretty solid. We made a mess and still have some to pic up. To cut the tree down I use my 32" bar and it would not go all the way through. Also took a pic of my dad running my 044, he seemed to like that saw. I ended up giving him an 024 I had since he had nothing but wildthings.

rotten-oak-3-jpg.331883

rotten-oak-2-jpg.331884

rotten-oak-1-jpg.331885

rotten-oak-jpg.331886

Attachments

• rotten oak 3.jpg
    rotten oak 3.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 105
  • rotten oak 2.jpg
    rotten oak 2.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 106
  • rotten oak 1.jpg
    rotten oak 1.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 105
  • rotten oak.jpg
    rotten oak.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 106
Thanks Randy. We didnt get it all cleaned up, got two days into it so far. Just me and my dad working on it, and he has two knees that arnt so good. So pace is pretty relaxed. About one more day and it should be all cleaned up. Got a chain coming for my 54" bar so I can use the 797 to cut the rest of the trunk up. Gets pretty fat where it branched out.

Ayuh,
working like that, a relaxed pace is the best way to do it. No need to hurry, just enjoy workin' together, that's good stuff. :D
Had just enough time after work today to put up a rope out back and climb one of my Ash trees. I'm finally getting over
the flu and I'm itchin' to climb, got a couple good pics while I was "up"..... ;)
Here's a link to the album I posted on facebook(hopefully it works).....
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.634686556595521.1073741868.100001625464575&type=1

I'm sure glad to see you guys on here!. I fiinally going to get my go pro . I'm on craigslist right now, I just need to make sure I get the helmet mounts. I can't wait! I'll even use it when I'm riding a grass mower or anything period. Put it all into a vid and use to reel in more jobs ideally.

cj,
it's a great tool to have for sure. GoPro's are great 'cause of all the features they have.
Still the number one reason I have mine is to look at my work and "pick it apart" to learn
how I can work safer and more efficient. As I've said before, I don't have anyone to climb
with or learn from, so I'm on my own. And that's why I post up my work, so the climbers
who are far better than I am give me great constructive criticism on what I need to do to
improve. It's been a HUGE help to me!!! :D
I've got a video uploading right now. It'll take "a while longer", I recorded in 1080p. It's a
short video, only about 5 1/2 minutes, but it'll be another 2 hours.....:popcorn:
Time for bed, early start tomorrow.....:rolleyes:

Nhlocal looks like it works. I just came to the storm damage here in Georgia . Its a tree climbers dream right now everyone wants me to help them they have to pay me alot. I've got my own motel paid and making nice cash. been a lot of winter storm damage and it feels like spring now all of the sudden. I've been using my go pro and I think I should have some vids up tonight for yall . Cheers!

Latest posts

Back