The working man, and chainsaw thread!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a little job I did this week. The guy called and said the tree was leaning against the shed. I guess it is open to how you see it.

I will add I bought a Silki Hayette pole saw and it has been one of the best ground trimming cutting things I have bought to date. It is the 20' length one. Worth every penny after you use it once.
bec041a5ed4bec30f9eab09c6fa6ecfa.jpg
eaeefe7a0c917e26e4262d8333920b35.jpg
fa7e10f652d0d8054abc7ef94b2092bf.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow, nice work Shane.
I would've expected more damage to the shed looking at the "before" picture..... :eek:
Ayuh, I've got a Silky pole saw. Don't use it too much, but I sure am happy I've got it when I use it!
I agree, worth every penny!!! :D

Here's something for ya' to look at. I was invited down to Arbor X week with the X man, Pfanner man, and August Hunicke.
August put this video together.....he has 2 more coming soon..... it was an awesome week!!!!! :clap:

I thankfully didn't add any extra damage to the shed. I was pretty straight forward and with a little luck as well always helps. My biggest concern was it might roll. I kept trying to balance the weight of what I cut off both sides as I went to help prevent it from rolling. It worked out good.

Today was a golfing day. My score was nine and I sliced on every hole oh well.
29dd60033ae3d5238c1372f81d77d176.jpg

I tried to watch the video but it no workie for me ):
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was able to watch the video Randy on the home computer very nice. I'm very envious of everyones climbing skills. I wish I had started doing this work ten years ago or earlier. It has turned into something I like very much. THe climbing aspect of it hard for me to overcome/learn at this point in my age (not that 43 is old by any means, there is just a lot more to it than that). I applaud everyone for the climbing skills they have!

I think people think the climbers are crazy , but there is very clear a lot of thought/education that goes into doing it safely which takes the crazy side out of it.

That is stuff you you just don't learn in one day.

Ayuh, you're right Shane. Climbing is a skill that takes 100% concentration. Of course some
people just have a natural gift for it, I have to work hard just to be competent. I sure do love it
though. The learning is continuous. There is always more to learn. ;)
It was a great experience and privilege to be able to work with those guys. Even being on the
ground I learned a lot. Oh, and by the way, I started climbing when I was 43. Been climbing
just over 6 years now. Just some food for thought..... :p
Be safe. :)

My time is pretty tight this time of year but I would proud if you let me know when you're going so I could possibly help too. Besides I will bring some Stihls. They are cutting machines!!
Thank u all for the love and support. Hell of an offer my friend, thanks so much! Found you on facebook Bill, sent you a request.

If you need another hand let me know. I'll be free after the first of November. Hang in there.
Thanks my friend, you guys are awesome, helps keep me going. been resting with her today, and watching youtube. Old growth stories, tree falling, and 2100 stuff. Little rain here, and coffee!

Spending as much time with her as I can. Doctors today, and tomorrow. Fixed a neighbors 372 in between, felt good needed the distraction.

Time to wake this thread back up! Here is a tree I did in the last two days. Over home and a separate garage. Been very busy as of late. Hope you guys if still around are staying safe. I have been very hit and miss on being around here. I'm the one holding the saw. I did this tree for a friend. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438917143.067191.jpg

Sent from somewhere

Time to wake this thread back up! Here is a tree I did in the last two days. Over home and a separate garage. Been very busy as of late. Hope you guys if still around are staying safe. I have been very hit and miss on being around here. I'm the one holding the saw. I did this tree for a friend. View attachment 439727

Sent from somewhere
What kinda wood is that...willow, locust?

yes elm. The tree was losing its leaves and we thought at first dutch elm disease, but after getting up a ways in the tree it appears it was hit by lightning. There were several spots on one branch that looked to have been burned on the stubs. So that is what we are going with. Half the tree was alive and half dying

Sent from somewhere

Latest posts

Back