The working man, and chainsaw thread!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read a lot of cool information in that post. Thank you so much for this. Which one is good chainsaw, electric or gas chainsaw? I want to know your opinions
Ok, so I didn't make it back to the red maple this weekend. It's all on the ground, in a pasture the homeowner doesn't use, so it's not a priority. Nice situation, I can pick at it when I have time. All the wood is going to my dad's house a mile and a half down the street.

I did take a couple other shots of a dead white ash I cut this weekend. Tree 2 of a 5 tree long weekend. This one was a pretty straightforward drop. About 25" dbh. Had ants in it, but not too bad. Will work up into some nice firewood.

Dad working on the crown. I say it was straightforward, and it was, except during the hurricane this tree dropped a nice 12" dia limb into that hemlock on the right side of the picture. It was sticking up in the air, so I had to do a quick spike (up the limb, not the hemlock) and dismantle on it, but only took a few minutes. Was a bit of a pain working in the hemlock though. Tight quarters.

2012-11-23_14-07-38_315.jpg

Stump!
2012-11-23_14-08-17_570.jpg

Weapon of ash destruction.
2012-11-23_14-08-33_789.jpg

End of the day, crown cleaned up, most of the firewood bucked.
2012-11-23_16-17-24_171.jpg

On the coast of Maine, we have had some frigid temps a few days but that does not cause the frost and freeze we need to work in the woods, fields, power lines, and house lots. Yesterday was 50. Not good. The old timberjack can do more damage than good with the ground so soft. Hope next weekend the cold can penetrate in the ground but we will probably get some snow to screw that all up. Take care all. Be safe. **** happens quickly and daily

On the coast of Maine, we have had some frigid temps a few days but that does not cause the frost and freeze we need to work in the woods, fields, power lines, and house lots. Yesterday was 50. Not good. The old timberjack can do more damage than good with the ground so soft. Hope next weekend the cold can penetrate in the ground but we will probably get some snow to screw that all up. Take care all. Be safe. **** happens quickly and daily
Man those sound like tough working conditions.

Yesterday
Howdy Amigos. Worn out, went for wood Saturday l, and where we were cutting, we had to blast through multiple down storm trees. Then load two trailers and 1 truck. I blew a trailer tire, nice guy let me leave trailer in his yard. I grabbed it Monday. From now on I will always have a spare.

Latest posts

Back