The working man, and chainsaw thread!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was always some work to be done at the Cemetery. :smile2:

Italian stone pine.

cem8.jpg

cem9.jpg

cem11.jpg

cem12.jpg

cem13.jpg

cem14.jpg

cem15.jpg

Will, I had some clean up like that before. Saw some firs where I grew up split a couple houses in two, more than once. Jim youre right you can find a 044, but bet its missed. You pretty happy with the 9010, I always was curious, good looking saw. Liked the big solo 694 I think? Almost grabbed one from bailey's. Right on Cliff Nice tree work everybody, thats my cup of tea:bowdown::biggrinbounce2: See you guys tommorow night;)

Will, I had some clean up like that before. Saw some firs where I grew up split a couple houses in two, more than once. Jim youre right you can find a 044, but bet its missed. You pretty happy with the 9010, I always was curious, good looking saw. Liked the big solo 694 I think? Almost grabbed one from bailey's. Right on Cliff Nice tree work everybody, thats my cup of tea:bowdown::biggrinbounce2: See you guys tommorow night;)

Same saw, Dolmar made them for Solo. Looks like Dolmar made a few models for Solo.

You got the right attitude, and thats huge. Being with a good climber is key. You will get more confident each time out. We are working with one of our good friend's now. My friend John is schooling him. To bad you werent closer, you could meet up with us, and help on some jobs. Posted pics before, but Ill put em up for you John 160ft up a redwood. The one topping he is 100 ft up in a fir tree. Keep in touch you need help ever just ask Norm.....View attachment 206209View attachment 206210View attachment 206211

Thanks!! Thats the hardest part about doing this on my own, confidence comes very slowly. Always have that thought in the back of my head, "am I doing this right?". For now I just dont go very high, no more than 10-15ft, unless its straight up and down and I can use the spikes. Right now I am selling one of my bicycles, and rather than getting the AR-15 I was planning, I am going to get the working climber series. Probably a second climb line and a rigging kit as well. As far as being closer, I dont think I could be much farther and still be in the states LOL.

Cliff, that tree is huge, man you took great pic's. All I can say is if you are as handy with a saw as you are with that camera. No tree stands a chance!:clap::clap: Jim I was always wanting to try either we mentioned. And almost grabbed the 694, on a baileys closeout, wish I could have. Brian right on! We got Our buddy Jesus the basic climbing kit out of Bailey's he loves it, cant beat the price. Keep at it buddy smart to stay low, you will get there. Get ahold of me anytime, we have been doing it for awhile if you ever need help.

Cliff, that tree is huge, man you took great pic's. All I can say is if you are as handy with a saw as you are with that camera. No tree stands a chance!:clap::clap: Jim I was always wanting to try either we mentioned. And almost grabbed the 694, on a baileys closeout, wish I could have. Brian right on! We got Our buddy Jesus the basic climbing kit out of Bailey's he loves it, cant beat the price. Keep at it buddy smart to stay low, you will get there. Get ahold of me anytime, we have been doing it for awhile if you ever need help.

Thaks!! Will do, for now its all for fun. Would like to make it a source of income someday though:msp_thumbsup:.

You have a good thread going here, it reminds me of the Sure is quiet in here thread that I am on most of the time. Nice to see more threads like this popping up without all of the infighting and bs that was starting to become the norm here (no pun intended). Kind of what this place was supposed to be to begin with. Just guys sharing saw info and swapping saw related stories. Good job Norm!

Thanks' brother's! I love all the pic's, and tales live for it really. My small band of best friends where I live, well I like to think we live a charmed life. Not many weekend's go by we aren't cutting, firewood trees, a side job. Or running the dog's after a big boar. Alot of days we do it all in one day. I started the 2101 thread, and the redwwod god's country, and this one Jim in hopes of such. We could have a nice band of fellow's, and friend's who have alot in common, and share storie's, and pics, of Salt springs Island, or redwood country, Cedar, Oak's Euacalyptus. Saw's whatever Just real people who do real stuff, and really care. Thanks for the real kind words Jim, and thank's my friend's. Norm.......

from a tree------

my Dads brother carved (whittled) this chain back in the late 60's --34 links. always wondered how long it took him. the Homelite ez is a

1956-57. my dad had one just like it back in 57. the old mac-300 was sitting in my neighbor yard for 25yrs (he called it yard art) this was my first c/saw restore. did some dirt bikes restores and cars over the yrs.

View attachment 206686View attachment 206687View attachment 206688

Wow, great picture's and nice country Kimble. Those two saws look brand new, great job! Clean garage too sweet!

my Dads brother carved (whittled) this chain back in the late 60's --34 links. always wondered how long it took him. the Homelite ez is a

1956-57. my dad had one just like it back in 57. the old mac-300 was sitting in my neighbor yard for 25yrs (he called it yard art) this was my first c/saw restore. did some dirt bikes restores and cars over the yrs.

206686-dsc01281-jpg

206687-dsc02299-jpg

206688-dsc02302-jpg

View attachment 206686View attachment 206687View attachment 206688

Nice pics Kimble.

My Dad used to do some carving. I remember seeing a short piece of chain
he carved out of wood. He did other carving too.

For sure Bob, brings back memories I am young but caught the last run of em, and gotta run some of the old guys too.

Hello gents. Been getting saws ready to go for some big tree work in the morning, bout 4' diameter poplars. Wife's uncle is letting me keep all the logs for my mill. Going to be building a new shop so the wood will be welcome. Poplar is not ideal for building but it is what i have for free and it is fairly strong if quarter sawn. Those are some good looking old saws up above.:clap:

Awesome Jim! Would have been here sooner, but site was acting up. Man I love tree work try and get as many side jobs, as we can. 4 foot that is some healty stuff, you have help? Be carefull my friend.

Latest posts

Back