ArboristSite.com Sponsors

The worst vehicle you owned

capetrees

capetrees

Tree Freak
Had a 1974 Ford Maverick, two door. Absolute trash heap. leaked from every seam and gasket ever known. Took a 150 mile trip, used 14 quarts of oil. Different trip, 4 gallons of antifreeze at a later date while at the same time it was burning/leaking oil. Bought it for $400 and then sold it for $300 3 years later to some guy in Vermont.

Other dumpster was a 1978 Cadillac Seville . We used to call it the farting car. Front tires were too big for the wheel wells and sounded like it was farting every time we took a turn. Ignition system was constantly going out on it, replaced some part 4 or five times in terrible places. Finally gave up. Left it in a parking lot one night around Christmas when it wouldn't start. Just called a friend, he picked me up and I walked away, never to hear from it again.

dieseldod

dieseldod

ArboristSite Member
Ford granada with the 4 cyl ohc motor or mk3 ford cortina with the xflow engine ,both were sacks of **** . Tried to blow them both up in neutral flat out many times but they never died I got fed up listening to them clattering

Woody912

Woody912

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have a Ford freestar. This thing is a money pit. Leakey oil pan, misses constanly, needs a axle, short, drains battery, odometer does not work, leaks coolant , gas gauge reads what it wants to. I want to burn it.
Owned a '71 Cutlass, 77 f-150, 84 f150 4x4, 91 f150, 2003 f2504x4, 2015 f150 4x4 . Never had a bad one

TheBrushSlasher

TheBrushSlasher

I have chainsaws and chainsaw accessories.
Ford granada with the 4 cyl ohc motor or mk3 ford cortina with the xflow engine ,both were sacks of **** . Tried to blow them both up in neutral flat out many times but they never died I got fed up listening to them clattering
You'll never get a ford lima engine to blow up piss reving it, overhead can non interference engine, an xflow you might.

My worst car was an 85 bronco II, the 2.8 liter was a POS design. Who the f... Designs an engine with head bolt holes that go into an oil gallery and block said gallery if you use the wrong length bolt. Cost me a rocker arm shaft.

Harmon

Harmon

ArboristSite Member
Grandma left us a 1985 Buick Century (the front wheel drive) which was low miles and not in bad shape but that GM 2.5 four banger was a dog - my sister and I shared it in high school and all the door handle linkages started falling apart simultaneously, at one point we were climbing in through the rear passenger door...

dieseldod

dieseldod

ArboristSite Member
You'll never get a ford lima engine to blow up piss reving it, overhead can non interference engine, an xflow you might.

My worst car was an 85 bronco II, the 2.8 liter was a POS design. Who the f... Designs an engine with head bolt holes that go into an oil gallery and block said gallery if you use the wrong length bolt. Cost me a rocker arm shaft.
Lol I tried many times to kill the xflow it blew like mad, I had a hose from rocker cover going down to the road to keep the fumes from stinkin up my furry dice inside,

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
'83 Mustang GT, bought new: Bad valve replaced under warranty with less than 2 K on the car. Constant problems with this car including:
heater core hose leak that left a pool of antifreeze in the car, carb gasket leaks, and the rack & pinion failing while on the expressway. After the R & P failure I got rid of it.

'93 Mercury Marquis, bought new, with a mysterious ECM gremlin that shut the car off when making left hand turns, lol, Intermittent though.
Dealer couldn't figure out what the issue was.

2000 Mercury Villager that developed another ECM issue which was replaced under warranty. Traded in shortly thereafter.

capetrees

capetrees

Tree Freak
'83 Mustang GT, bought new: Bad valve replaced under warranty with less than 2 K on the car. Constant problems with this car including:
heater core hose leak that left a pool of antifreeze in the car, carb gasket leaks, and the rack & pinion failing while on the expressway. After the R & P failure I got rid of it.

'93 Mercury Marquis, bought new, with a mysterious ECM gremlin that shut the car off when making left hand turns, lol, Intermittent though.

2000 Mercury Villager that developed another ECM issue which was replaced under warranty. Traded in shortly thereafter.
ECM issue

Thats what drove me nuts numerous times in the 78 Seville mentioned above

sean donato

sean donato

Addicted to ArboristSite
91 Plymouth Sundance (dodge shadow) 2.5 4 cylinder. No power always had something stupid wrong with it. Think I went through 4 transmissions in it before I got one that worked. Terrible gas mileage as well, would never muster better the 14. I was glad when it finally blew up. Hated that car. All the rest have been pretty faithful since then. Do t own anything not in the 200k club

CentaurG2

CentaurG2

Addicted to ArboristSite
Boy howdy I have owned some junk. Worse was a 74 Dodge dart with the slant six. What a piece of crap. Paid $300 for it. Only redeeming thing about that car were the cabin vents which were actual doors complete with a hinges and a latch. I remember hitting a pot hole with it and having the rears springs break through the trunk. I drove it to a bone yard and traded it for a starter.

Worse truck was a 97 Ford f-350 7.3 powerchoke diesel with a manual tranny. I had more problems with that truck.

Adam Sandler - Ode to my Car (car honk censored version) - YouTube

bigbadbob

bigbadbob

Addicted to ArboristSite

I bought a ford ranger with that same ecm gremlin,,, I did find it,, loose(not real loose) distributor, I guess when you turned left the engine shifted pulling the wiring to the dist,, truck would stall mid turn,,, and yes intermittent.
I found it because I was going to replace the chip thing in the dist. found the entire thing loose.
The PO had chased it for a long time.

GeorgiaVol

GeorgiaVol

Addicted to ArboristSite
Both Dodges
97 Avenger. Trans went at 90k miles, all 3 O2 sensors went at over $100 a pop, battery cables went bad, water pump failed which was a $900 repair. Everything that broke cost way more than any other model I have owned. Money pit
95ish dodge full size van. Had a dog of a V6. No power. AC compressor failed twice and eventually it just quit with a total electrical failure that 2 mechanics could not locate.