ArboristSite.com Sponsors

The worst vehicle you owned

Joel D'Angelo

Joel D'Angelo

ArboristSite Operative
94 F-150. I hear they were good trucks but this one was awfull. Bought it off ebay without looking for $1,200. Was a town vehicle. It was the most beat truck I have ever seen. Not a body panel without a dent, rust, interior shot, motor smoked, etc. I fixed on that thing for 3 months inculding engine work and paint. Drove it for two years during which time I replaced the entire front of the engine. What a POS. It took to eating serpentine belts and I bought new. Lesson: Don't buy off ebay based on pics and words.

sean donato

sean donato

Addicted to ArboristSite
94 F-150. I hear they were good trucks but this one was awfull. Bought it off ebay without looking for $1,200. Was a town vehicle. It was the most beat truck I have ever seen. Not a body panel without a dent, rust, interior shot, motor smoked, etc. I fixed on that thing for 3 months inculding engine work and paint. Drove it for two years during which time I replaced the entire front of the engine. What a POS. It took to eating serpentine belts and I bought new. Lesson: Don't buy off ebay based on pics and words.
Had a 93 f150 extended cab, 4x4 302 auto. One of the best I've ever owned. Beat the snot out of it everyday in high school, fourwheeled it every weekend. Finally wouldnt go any more after 264k miles. Loved that truck. Gave me zero issues.

gorman

Addicted to ArboristSite
What were some of the issues that led to this truck breaking down? Most everything that you hear about the 7.3 Powerstroke is about its dependability so I am curious about what issues you had with yours.

High pressure oil pump exploded, tranny, wheel bearings, five starters, computer, brake lines, oil pan, injectors, lift pump, pinion bearing, and more.
I had it for five years and put 50k miles on it.

sean donato

sean donato

Addicted to ArboristSite
High pressure oil pump exploded, tranny, wheel bearings, five starters, computer, brake lines, oil pan, injectors, lift pump, pinion bearing, and more.
I had it for five years and put 50k miles on it.
I'd say your the exception to the rule. Just in my family dad, 2 brothers, and 2 uncles. (Not including cousins) weve had multiple of each generation of 7.3l engines and have had very little issues untill closer to 300k on the clock. I just did the hpop and wiring harness/ valve cover gaskets on my dads 01 E-350. Not a fun job, but hes had to do very little to it through out the years. Now it's on its 3rd or 4th trans and is a rotten chunk of junk, but the engine has been just as reliable as the rest, weve had.

Ash_403

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
It took me 3 p.o.s. Mopars to get me to buy my first Toyota. I’ll never own any junk ass dodge, jeep, Chrysler, fiat garbage again. I’ll probably never buy another American vehicle at all.
I'm with you in the Mopar thing, though I've never/will ever own one.
Did you know it's called the Stallantis group now? Maybe just a name change. Who knows.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellantis

ElevatorGuy

ElevatorGuy

What are you doing with the wood?
I'm with you in the Mopar thing, though I've never/will ever own one.
Did you know it's called the Stallantis group now? Maybe just a name change. Who knows.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellantis
Wouldn’t surprise me, That’s been done multiple times over the years to try to save them. Don’t forget the lifetime warranty they had to offer to get people buying that trash again.

bigbadbob

Addicted to ArboristSite
I just knew you was gonna say a ridgeline.
All rite Fiat/Chrysler
oh ya! married a cast iron block to an aluminium head
and was the head gasket queen of the heap
Except the girl I dated who had a vega GT,,, she didnt need any fixin,, just rite.

I had a 85 F150 with a thing called vapour phase carb,,, wasnt a soul would look at it. Just B4 EFI
And it 1985 only clips for the fuel line a 20 bux a pop,,,

Woodslasher

Woodslasher

Make McCulloch Great Again!
The worst vehicle model I've encountered is a Suzuki Samurai. My brother had 3, all of them were gutless dogs, full of smog garbage, and just awful. Worst vehicle I've encountered was my brother's 1968 F250. I put more than a few hours into fixing it and he had probably 100 hours into trying to fix its many problems. It was the most f-ed up truck I've seen. He/we redid the brakes twice, the engine was rebuilt, the rear axle was gone through, the twin I-beam suspension was gone through, the wiring was full of many demons we tried chasing down, the steering was downright scary, it was just awful. The tranny was the only thing we didn't touch, but it wouldn't go into reverse if it was cold. With the big-block 390, 4bbl carb, headers, a C-6 tranny, and the 3:73 posi-trac rear end it would friggin fly, though. It was named "The Blur" because we'd joke that's all the other drivers would see. It would go through cliff-side roads most people would take 15-20 minutes to go through in 6 minutes (we timed it) and it out-raced a new Camero. It served a purpose and worked hard, we had some good times with it, we each had a few times we thought we were gonna die in it, but to quote my brother, "I hope I never see that p.o.s. again."

View attachment 890537

Saiso

Mountain Ranger
2012 Ford Focus SE. The last "car" I owned. Only several months ago before we bought the Dodge Grand Caravan/Ram. I mean it was absolutely horrible is our Canadian winters and the last memory I remember of it was when I was in the drive thru to get a coffee and the transmission let go. Literally had to get pushed bumper to bumper from the gentlemen behind me. It was a company van so I don't think he minded it.. I also paid for his order ;)