ArboristSite.com Sponsors

The worst vehicle you owned

old CB

ArboristSite Guru
It wasn't a worst by any means . . . but we bought an Isuzu pickup in the mid-90s. Our high-school aged daughter needed a ride, and Isuzu was selling these things insanely cheap, 4-cyl. standard trans., kind of tinny, but seemed like a deal. Our daughter sniffed--it wasn't cool enough for her. So fine. My wife said SHE would drive the new Isuzu and daughter could have her old Corolla (a fine basic vehicle itself).

Wife was quite happy with that thing for a year or two until one day driving to work she watched the temp gauge shoot into the red. With luck she coasted off the highway into a service station--head gasket blown. It was still under warranty so the Isuzu dealer did the replacement. The service rep said, Yeah, this is a known issue with these things--they blow head gaskets. I said, Well, I guess the new one will fix that, right? He said, No, it's still the same engine it was, it could still blow one day.

Not for me it won't. We sold that thing immediately.

s sidewall

s sidewall

Addicted to ArboristSite
How many of these POSs were bought used? If it they were used and not maintained by the original owner/s, or wreaked and rebuilt, any vehicle can be "worst".
Mine had 1k miles on it when I bought it. Changed oil every 3kmiles, still spun a rod bearing at 50k. After that, one thing after another. It was cheaper for me to get another vehicle than it was fixing that one all the time. I called it a parts car cause every time I turned around I was putting another part on it.

Steve from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

mijdirtyjeep

mijdirtyjeep

ArboristSite Operative
Worst vehicle for me was a 2014 Jeep grand Cherokee EcoDiesel. That thing ate 2 ($1900) SCR's, the Froward Collision camera took a crap ($800), 2 new air ride struts too a crap ( $1200) each. All this went bad just after the factory warranty went out so it was on my dime. Happiest day I had with it was watching it leave my driveway!