Their excuses are .....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My wife and I started cleaning up someone else's mess today.
The excuse this time was "I'm not gonna burn wood this year." After cutting the limbs off last year.
They cut the limbs off and ran.
Other excuses I've heard are....
"My saw is not big enough."
"I don't have a splitter."

So forth and so on. I've had my fill of such.
This was left in a hay field, in the way of the farmer. He has been good to me in other ways, so it's time for pay back.
Vent over.
Truett Hay Field 1.jpg

Truett Hay Field 2.jpg

We are just getting started on this one.
I split it by hand small enough to load it.
Red Oak is hard to turn down tho.:chainsaw:

My wife and I started cleaning up someone else's mess today.
The excuse this time was "I'm not gonna burn wood this year." After cutting the limbs off last year.
They cut the limbs off and ran.
Other excuses I've heard are....
"My saw is not big enough."
"I don't have a splitter."

So forth and so on. I've had my fill of such.
This was left in a hay field, in the way of the farmer. He has been good to me in other ways, so it's time for pay back.
Vent over.
View attachment 861408

View attachment 861409

We are just getting started on this one.
I split it by hand small enough to load it.
Red Oak is hard to turn down tho.:chainsaw:
I have heard hundreds of excuses. The one today was "I don't think I have it in me".

clint53, I will take the shown mess for that wood anytime. I am sure though you have seen plenty that are all work and no reward. Working with a firewood ministry, I see examples regularly. The older I get the easier it is for me to say "No thanks, I'll pass" though I still feel for the victims of these hit and run tactics.
Ron

PS I see we share two saws in common - MS361 and Pro Mac 700

clint53, I will take the shown mess for that wood anytime. I am sure though you have seen plenty that are all work and no reward. Working with a firewood ministry, I see examples regularly. The older I get the easier it is for me to say "No thanks, I'll pass" though I still feel for the victims of these hit and run tactics.
Ron

PS I see we share two saws in common - MS361 and Pro Mac 700
Hi Ron
Yes it is getting easier to say no and I have before.
A few years ago a guy I worked with told me his in-laws had a oak that fell in their backyard and asked if I wanted it. I said tell them I will be there at 9 am in the morning.
When I got there at 9 am there were two guys cutting on it. I just stopped in the street and watched them for about 30 seconds. Both had small saws and were not proficient with them.
The tree was a short fat oak that had been topped years before and had dozens of limbs just the right size for not needing to be split.
At work that night I told my co-worker that those guys were going to leave the trunk and say their saws were not big enough. That's exactly what happened.
I refused to go get it. The tree was mine the way I saw it and they gave it away before I got there. It took a couple of months before they found someone to finish it. I was asked 3 times to take it.

The 361 has done me a great job.
The PM 700 I just got in August (A one owner) and needs a bar. I dressed the bar, but it has to much slop in the grove. I have a new one on order.
Take care.
Clint

PM 700.jpg

Cool man they are beasts.

The 125s are getting crazy expensive sadly:( I'd love 1 too

The 850s and other 82cc saws are not so bad though and generally for us firewood scroungers probably more useful.
I'm asking the loggers in the area as I see them about big mac's they may have. You never know what someone has laying around.
Bringing old saws back to life is a new hobby for me. Two weeks ago I bought two junk Homelite 330's and made one saw.
The saw starts and runs well, but the chain oiler is not working. I changed out the pump but still nothing. So my next step is to replace all the lines.
I knew the lines were in bad condition. I'm going to order new lines and go from there.
A week ago I got a Homelite XL12 for $30 that I was going to use it for a parts saw. It only needed a gas cap gasket and the carb was way out of adjustment.
Take care.
Clint

Latest posts

Back