thermostat hook up for outdoor furnace(white rogers)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would take the aquastat out and fun a 2nd red wire to the new thermostat and run a green wire to the thermostat... just take 2 wires jump the red on the old one to the red one on the new one and take the green wire 9on the old one) and put a jumper wire to the white on the new thermostate... This is how I have done it for years.. make sure you shut the power of to the air cond. I will be on tommorow so if you still dont get it i will give you my cell number. we will get it working.
Jack

thermostat

hey ms 310 , wouldn`t that mean that you would have 1 thermostat controlling the furnace and another thermostat controlling the outdoor wood burner ?? i`m trying to use only 1 thermostat to controll both heating sources. that way i don`t have to hang anoyher thermostat and all!!
the relay is suppose to only let 1 heat source come on at a time , and not have the a/c trip on . the aqustat is suppose to open up at a certian temp (120 ) and the fan kicks on blows the heat till the temp drops 10 degrees (that`s what the differental wheel is set at)then the aqustat closes until it builds up heat again,,,,,,and then it cycles again
for some reason it`s not working though???
maybe i will have to just run another thermostat:dizzy:

Back