Thermostat questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mmarmino

Reaction score
Good evening everyone, I'm sure it's been asked before but I need help setting up a thermostat for my outdoor wood boiler. I have a heat exchanger with blower and would just like to set up a thermostat that I can set at a temperature and have the fan come on and go off, no thermal coupler . I bought a Honeywell like the one pictured. I'm not for sure if this is the correct one. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• 20180623_183306.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 9
Good evening everyone, I'm sure it's been asked before but I need help setting up a thermostat for my outdoor wood boiler. I have a heat exchanger with blower and would just like to set up a thermostat that I can set at a temperature and have the fan come on and go off, no thermal coupler . I bought a Honeywell like the one pictured. I'm not for sure if this is the correct one. Thanks for any help.
I think that thermostat should work fine but you will likely need a fan control center. It is basically a transformer and relay that fits in a 4x4 box and is used to switch the 120v to your blower, controlled by low voltage to your thermostat.

Thermostat will work how it is set up depends on if you run you pumps all the time or are you going to cycle them on and of with the thermostat that will control the fan. If the pumps will run all the time and you have a later model furnace you can pickup the 24 volt in the furnace R terminal run it to the thermostat R terminal then run a wire from the W terminal to the G terminal on the furnace board and then that thermostat will cycle the fan on and off at the thermostat setting. If you want to cycle the pumps too then you will need a transformer and a few relays to make it happen.

Back