These cloned saw kits?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a few guys here @Czed has lots of experience with that exact saw. Ive used s few of the cases with no issues. Most of the plastics are just fine the clutch cover you would never know it wasnt oem. My only concerns are the bearings/crank and the p&c. All else except the fuel/oil/impulse lines are excellent to use in my experience.

My only complaint with the cases, is if people use over-sized felling spikes. Have had more than one break at bolt connections for inner spike. Cases seem to be a more porous casting.

how good are these cloned saw kits? I been thinking about the cloned husky?
I've ran the 365 complete assembled saw's the most.
Converted them to 372s.
Amazon and ebay have them now
250.00 or so shipped.
These are a different manufacturer than huztl i have both
the case's and fuel tanks
Are made different compatable but different.
China fuel line's are trash intake boots i haven't had a problem.
I buy rolls of echo 3x6 fuel line problem solved.
The first one i built with a ported oem cylinder and a 268 popup piston.
170s comp.
I got over 20 gallons through it then the case gasket leaked.
Had to replace it used a green am gasket it had the black case gasket it was brittle.
And a kill switch broke
That's it no other problems.
I built a huztl but haven't ran it much
No issue's.
But a few guy's had oiler coil and @p61 western
Had a clutch drum out of round had to replace it.
Worth it to me I've cut tons of firewood with mine.
Huztl is a pain sometimes they didn't ship all my parts the last few time's i ordered
From them getting worse all the time.
And customer service is a pain.
Fun saw's to work on not oem quality but they run as good as my oem saw's.20180510_185911.jpg 20180326_124138.jpg 20180326_134728.jpg 20180310_174130.jpg bought a couple of 372 hi top clones.
Same as the 365s but 50mm and hi top

I just thought about something I read on eBay while thinking about buying a saw. The add said rebuilt with after market parts. That means a Chinese piston and cylinder. I believe I read the Chinese clones use a different ratio mix? Plus no bottom end crank bearings or seals were changed. On every two stroke bike engine I change the crankbearings, crank seals, bore the cylinder, new gaskets, piston, rings, upper rod bearing. Do it once or it will bite us in the trails. I been there. I feeel the sameway with chainsaws.

I just thought about something I read on eBay while thinking about buying a saw. The add said rebuilt with after market parts. That means a Chinese piston and cylinder. I believe I read the Chinese clones use a different ratio mix? Plus no bottom end crank bearings or seals were changed. On every two stroke bike engine I change the crankbearings, crank seals, bore the cylinder, new gaskets, piston, rings, upper rod bearing. Do it once or it will bite us in the trails. I been there. I feeel the sameway with chainsaws.
Run what you like
40/1 myself in all my saw's never a failure.
The 6 i bought were all new china manufacture saw's.
Were you looking at refurbished saw's?

Latest posts

Back