Things that lift your spirits

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC Cole

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Was out harvesting some red oak wednesday. Had to move it by wheelbarrow and when it got too big to lift I TRIED to split some. Well long and short of it was my third heart attack. Got transferred from first hospital so I could get my 11th stent ( so it wasn't like this came as a total surprise, and why did I wanna finish loading the wood before I called 911 ? ). Anyway didn't run my phone down in the hospital calling folks , I ran it down reading Arboristsite. It really helped take my mind off the negative aspects of my circumstances . I am really glad this site exists and a big thanks to all the contributors. You never know how what little thing you do will affect someone. Doc says take it easy for a couple of weeks so I won't be able to go pulling on the Canadian Beauty ( She is still way to rich) but I can take the carb apart AGAIN. And I will probably be back asking questions soon.. later RC

Me too, just didn't dare to reply. Hope you get back to us now! all the best.

I wish you a splendid day, night , evening or morning, or whatever it is - rain and grey sky is just a notice that better days will come.

I'm alone in this world - if not for you. Thank you sir!

Glad to hear your still here with us. Get well soon and for gods sake, slow down a bit. I'm sure you can tell by now when you need to slow down. As men we tend to want to just want to get things done and push ourselves thinking, I'll just go a little longer or harder when most times what ever we are doing can wait a bit and it's not going anywhere and can wait.
Over the years I have learned that so many things I think have to be done right now can really wait and if the opportunity passes me by and I miss out, it was not meant to be, and to just let it go. As men we are conditioned to feel like we should just man up and get'er done. I'm one of those that once I start something I tend to want to keep at it till the job is done. I have been trying to teach myself to set a slower pace and I'll finish it sooner or later. In other words, I'll get there when I get there, or it will get done when I get it done. When we are young we blow and go and push ourselves hard and get put ourselves up wet. As we get older we have to start backing it down cause we ain't gettin any younger. At least your still with us, heal soon.

Thanks for the encouragement and concern. My best buddy is running me and my son down to pickup the truck and saws ( and wood :drinkingcoffee:) this morning. I will put up the saws but the wood will sit in the truck for a while. I will let my son roll it off the tailgate onto the splitter table ( no more mauls and wedges for a while) I will probably operate the handle after he starts it. But that is a chore for next week. Down but not Out. RC

They can’t keep a good man down, wish you a speedy recovery.

My body is like a old rusted junk car with a good battery that’s the only good part left. I never seen this day coming, it happened overnight. I just filled out the DNR papers. So when something happens I’m off to the next life.

Back