Think you know two-stroke engines?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if you counted the overpressure created by the turbo, would the overall compression in psi be roughly the same...?
In other words, do those non-turbo diesels have higher compression ratios to make up for the lack of a turbo? (Don't know much about diesels...)

I believe that is the idea. I had a 91 F250 with an IDI 7.3 and it was 18:1. They only made 180hp but torque was in the 400's. I always wondered what it would have been like with a turbo.

I remember back in the day when I was riding my Honda 400 ex around and those 250r's were real fast machines. Same deal with the Yamaha banshee those old 2 stroke quads had some serious power.
The GP2 Stroke race bikes delivered a lot of power I had a RS125cc single & 250cc RS Vtwin Honda the best Dyno readings I achieved were 47BHP/@13500revs for the single at the rear wheel & 84.8BHP for the twin at 13500revs. The 500cc V4 & big bang motors the works used never released BHP figures but were known to be well in excess of 200BHp so that was in the region of between 400/500 BHP for a I litre motor a 1000 cc 4 cyl/4stroke super bike motor produces similar powerfor 2 times the capacitythe problem with the 2 strokes was the power band was so narrow & the power came in with such a bang unles you were a top rider or were VERY careful with the twist grip you ended in a big heap slinging it down the road not a confidence booster in a race situation the last of the big GP bikes even with the big bang motors were known as the unrideables

When I was working with Yamaha in the late 60's and 70's we had tons of YDS-2s and YDS-3s so we played with them. Basically they were 250 and 350cc twins, but the real king was their 250 V four rotary valve with 120 BHP. It was a factory works Grand Prix racer that cost more than small countries are worth. It was so pipey that it barely ran until you hit 18,000 to 19,000 RPM and then it did not bring much response until after 20,000 RPM. However the twins were always good for the drag strip or go carts. Thanks

40/1 ratio used to be golden rule.
I got 25/30 missed the compression ratio ones and a couple others

Back