Thinking of a 90cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you see the 064 in the AS ads? $500.

This is it, I had ask for pictures early, color is off in pictures.
He ask seller if color is off "Yes, the color is off. It's a good healthy orange"
I would have jumped on this 064 if it had been a clear tank 064.
It's not a big deal but I have a very nice 064 just like this one.
Am looking for one in this condition but with clear tank.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Am looking for one in this condition but with clear tank.

Not trying to be a behotch at all, TT, but what difference does it make whether the tank is see-through or not? Once a fella gets a sense of how fast a particular saw uses gas, it's all good. :)

Not trying to be a behotch at all, TT, but what difference does it make whether the tank is see-through or not? Once a fella gets a sense of how fast a particular saw uses gas, it's all good. :)

As of yesterday I now have 4, 064's if I get one more it will be the one I want :)
Plus waiting for MS261, I have to spread them out a little as not to upset
my better half, she has been more than understanding with me!

IMO, Sellers saw is worth the money!!!

TT

And the downside is that it looks like it's in great condition and wouldn't warrant a BB kit for a while.

I would hate to see this BB.

I don't see why people 066/BB the 064

066 case is only 2oz heavier than 064 and that
2oz is good thing as they beffed the case also cases are the same width.

I did a thread on this sometime back.

TT

I've got Stihls from an 020 up to a 084 and a 880 them is the Paw Paws for me nothing like slinging them thru wood like butter. But like I said that boy is a Huskyhead he has from a 350 up to a 3120XP and they all run super good. So I'm saw slut I'll use um all if they get the job done.

Prices on the bigger saws are also bigger. But if you can find a good used saw you'll be way ahead of the game. An old 288XP makes a got tough wood saw. It's all in what you can stand to spend.
Joe

Good luck finding a good 288 anymore. They were and some are awesome work saws. See the 288 rebuild by Parrisw thats mine and it's sooo worth it.

2stroked2smoke sold the 064 to mowoodchopper. Guess it is a sign to hold tight for a 90cc class.
Reps to all for the ideas.

Good luck finding a good 288 anymore. They were and some are awesome work saws. See the 288 rebuild by Parrisw thats mine and it's sooo worth it.
We have one lite complete and a good runner
A 288 in a box awaiting seals and bearings.
And a 281 looking for a descent case and bearings and seals

I have ran 3 other 288s, and very pleased with them. A 24-36" bar in hard wood is no problem. But a 20 and 8 pin will zip.
Add a woods port, and you are in business.

We have one lite complete and a good runner
A 288 in a box awaiting seals and bearings.
And a 281 looking for a descent case and bearings and seals
:)

I have ran 3 other 288s, and very pleased with them. A 24-36" bar in hard wood is no problem. But a 20 and 8 pin will zip.
Add a woods port, and you are in business.

I believe 04ultra is hoarding a couple 288s too :) haha

I think he got two from me. :D

And I traded a 3rd in on a Stihl.

TT

The 064 in the Classifieds is still available. I have a couple of better pics if anyone is interested.

Also, i would think that any experienced timber tramp would know that the installation of a dual port muffler cover on an 064 will put it in the 90CC class. ROFL.

Last edited:
PM'd mweba on a 660 with big bore kit he just listed. In Iowa, so hoping he may be close to me. $600 is higher then I wanted to go but we will see. Sounds like a nice saw and keeps me in the 90cc group :rockn:

Originally Posted by Mountainman
Also, i would think that any experienced timber tramp would know that the installation of a dual port muffler cover on an 064 will put it in the 90CC class. ROFL.

I'd say it would at least make it run like one. Especially if you bore out the stock outlet too. :cheers:

DP cover will help 064 a little but not much.
All 064's were before the EPA got their nose's into it and
they had bigger exhaust ports than the after EPA saws.
After EPA 066/660 are the one's will see some nice gain
from DP cover.

TT

MS660 rebuilt, new topend, close to 200psi compression, 25" bar for $550. Dealer quoted me $980 new with 28" bar. What you'll think?

That's a pretty good deal. Is that the one from Mweba?

Yes. Just trying to set up a time for me to drive out. Sounds like a very nice saw and should eat wood for breakfast:)
It's $50 more than I want to spend, but should be worth it. As long as someone doesn't beat me to it. Dam nine to five job!

Yes. Just trying to set up a time for me to drive out. Sounds like a very nice saw and should eat wood for breakfast:)
It's $50 more than I want to spend, but should be worth it. As long as someone doesn't beat me to it. Dam nine to five job!

Put the cash in the man's hands. Sounds really good. The compression is awesome
Good luck.

Latest posts

Back