Thinking of moving to Washington

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
High taxes, one of the highest in the country.

Lots of hipsters, greenies, hippies, and folks with alternative relationship advice... we got commies and pinkos too, they mostly run things.

It rains... a lot... very depressing, no really it does rain all the time.

As for work, its all computers, airplanes or fast food. Good luck getting a logging job.

Mud... mud everywhere all year

When it does snow, which is rarely, people panic, crash and then shut down all movement, I prefer to stay home... cause stupid drivers try and kill me every time it does snow...

Summer is only 3 weeks long, rest of the year its dark.

DON'T MOVE HERE

Lots of hipsters, greenies, hippies, and folks with alternative relationship advice... we got commies and pinkos too, they mostly run things.

As for work, its all computers, airplanes or fast food. Good luck getting a logging job.

When it does snow, which is rarely, people panic, crash and then shut down all movement, I prefer to stay home... cause stupid drivers try and kill me every time it does snow...

DON'T MOVE HERE
@northmanlogging hit the nail on the head! It really is like that here! Hahahahaha.

Yes, move to Washington DC. You'd hate Warshington. But now is a good time to visit and sample our wonderful winter weather. Just bring clothes you'd wear in N. Mexico and you'll do fine.

We really do need to build a wall.

as for second amendment stuff;

No class 3, none nope can't have it

Class 2 is difficult at best, not to mention expensive and people will report you for having any of it, therefore kind of a pain in the arse.

No more private sales on firearms, everything must go through a licensed FFL

Firearms from out of state get a wonderful sales tax, does not matter if you own them already or if they came from grandpa willy, cross state lines you are supposed to pay taxes on em.

This is not a Castle Doctrine state, if you are threatened you are obligated to find an escape before using deadly force. There are many that will disagree with this based on hill billy logic, but law is law.

This is an open carry state, for now, but it is a douche move, and really frowned on, by gun owners as well as commies and pinkos.

If you wan't to carry concealed you must have a valid CPL, note concealed PISTOL licence, cause knives are a no no... (this law is stupid but its the law so...)

And we all just voted in a law that allows folks to take your guns away if they feel threatened, or if they think you are about to do something really stupid like shoot up a Denny's. (granted this is really a pretty solid law, its not as simple as oh he scareded me disarm him, its very similar to getting a restraining order, and is only effective for one year, unless you continue to be a **** then it can be continued like a restraining order, You have to show proof of a person being a danger to themselves or someone else)

This is an open carry state, for now, but it is a douche move, and really frowned on, by gun owners as well as commies and pinkos.

For me it is a way to identify that You Ain't From Around Here, then smile an secretly laugh that someone is so scared they have to carry a gun around. But maybe we are a very scary place?

DON'T MOVE HERE
right on northy! agreed and this is why I packed up the wife an 2 young one's an fled the scene while I could in 83! the rain and mud is great, but the rest is what it is! watch your sanity before you loose it to the eco's an such!!

For me it is a way to identify that You Ain't From Around Here, then smile an secretly laugh that someone is so scared they have to carry a gun around. But maybe we are a very scary place?

Ha come to NM and you will really want a gun. I've had one pulled on me twice and had some ******* take pot shots at me one time while out shooting on public land. It's crazy here.

Yes, move to Washington DC. You'd hate Warshington. But now is a good time to visit and sample our wonderful winter weather. Just bring clothes you'd wear in N. Mexico and you'll do fine.

We really do need to build a wall.

I think I will bring the same clothes because it's like 30 degrees here right now. Just because I'm in the desert doesn't mean it's warm:rolleyes:

as for second amendment stuff;

No class 3, none nope can't have it

Class 2 is difficult at best, not to mention expensive and people will report you for having any of it, therefore kind of a pain in the arse.

No more private sales on firearms, everything must go through a licensed FFL

Firearms from out of state get a wonderful sales tax, does not matter if you own them already or if they came from grandpa willy, cross state lines you are supposed to pay taxes on em.

This is not a Castle Doctrine state, if you are threatened you are obligated to find an escape before using deadly force. There are many that will disagree with this based on hill billy logic, but law is law.

If you wan't to carry concealed you must have a valid CPL, note concealed PISTOL licence, cause knives are a no no... (this law is stupid but its the law so...)

And we all just voted in a law that allows folks to take your guns away if they feel threatened, or if they think you are about to do something really stupid like shoot up a Denny's. (granted this is really a pretty solid law, its not as simple as oh he scareded me disarm him, its very similar to getting a restraining order, and is only effective for one year, unless you continue to be a **** then it can be continued like a restraining order, You have to show proof of a person being a danger to themselves or someone else)

Wow that's just crazy. Out here only hipsters don't pack a knife. It's a necessity really.

hey BIG! you will notice the diff in cold as soon as you feel the bite of moisture in the cold! it's a whole different bottle of cold vs. cold! it's like a cold beer to a slushed cold/frozen beer... lol

Eh can't be much different then elk hunting in -20 while it's snowing. I'm no stranger to high humidity cold. The gun and knife laws alone make me shy away. I would still like to see the state though.

Eh can't be much different then elk hunting in -20 while it's snowing. I'm no stranger to high humidity cold. The gun and knife laws alone make me shy away. I would still like to see the state though.

Yup, you have the attitude to move here. Just wear down coats and you'll do fine. November and December are the best months to visit here. The tourists have gone home so you can find good places to stay for cheaper. I suggest staying in Forks for a while.

We get 70 degree changes in temperature pretty often. The seasons flip like a switch here. No lag or warning usually. High humidity heat in summer. Frigid windy cold winter. When my wife talked about working in the woods with me I told her you get about four weeks out of the year that's it's comfortable with no bugs. That's on a good year. Two weeks in may and two weeks in october.

And watch out for this! We might make you spell words correctly.:eek:

Ha come to NM and you will really want a gun. I've had one pulled on me twice and had some ******* take pot shots at me one time while out shooting on public land. It's crazy here.

I've been shot at here more times then i can conveniently count.

I'm fairly close to Seattle and lived in the city longer then i care to remember.

However most of the gun stuff has been in the sticks, paranoid or drunk hillbillys are just as dangerous as inner city gangs, oh we have a gang problem too...

Though i think the police have still threatened me more then all the crooks and hillbillies combined.

But remember i used to be in a rock band so being out late in sketchy neighborhoods was my motus operandi

So i still carry daily ....

I'm really wanting to move to Washington State, heard there is still lots of big wood there. Is there room for me there?
I'll make a very small footprint there. Or should I just recut those woodlots I cut ten years ago?
The answer is obvious. There is something we all have in common, we love the trees we work amongst.

Latest posts

Back