Thinking of moving to Washington

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll sell my place to any of you Warshington Wannabes for $259,000.99. It has some nicely diametered cedar on it that might give you a "challenge" to get on the ground.
It's in a neighborhood where you can shoot yer guns and throw yer knives to your heart's content.

I'm really wanting to move in with Patty, only if that would be ok. Even if just for a few months. I'm really not useless at all, I can cut and split wood.

you know you don't really need a passport to get into Canada...

And you aren't all that hard to find...

Crossing Patty in the wrong way could be harmful to your health, and not in the gee wizz that was fun lets go again, but more like wow I'm really glad Canadia has universal health care, cause this 6 month stay in ICU would have made me homeless kind of way.

High taxes, one of the highest in the country.

Lots of hipsters, greenies, hippies, and folks with alternative relationship advice... we got commies and pinkos too, they mostly run things.

It rains... a lot... very depressing, no really it does rain all the time.

As for work, its all computers, airplanes or fast food. Good luck getting a logging job.

Mud... mud everywhere all year

When it does snow, which is rarely, people panic, crash and then shut down all movement, I prefer to stay home... cause stupid drivers try and kill me every time it does snow...

Summer is only 3 weeks long, rest of the year its dark.

DON'T MOVE HERE

you ain't seen nothing yet, DON'T MOVE HERE! lol

Best thing here is the state constitution, the old boys in 1890 knew them there newfangled ways to tax (like income tax) and gun control were no good.

don't stop the greed liberals from trying to change the constitution every few years to rescind the 'no income tax' and 'individual right' in the state constitution.

So, they jacks up property tax to $10K per year (on house I built for $15K!) and have a 10% sales tax.
If ya wanna work or play in yer own woods ya need a job at the airplane or computer place to pay the taxes!
If ya wanna burn slash ya gotta limit to 3 ft pile and sit nearby wit a hot dog.

An' iff'n the missus want to live near a big city, then there is big taxes for supporting liberal causes and trains between yuppie enclaves with only stops to pickup the $15 min wage workers to get to McD's and the maid jobs.

Did anybody mention the rain - only 35" a year, but about 0.1" per day.

Best thing here is the state constitution, the old boys in 1890 knew them there newfangled ways to tax (like income tax) and gun control were no good.

don't stop the greed liberals from trying to change the constitution every few years to rescind the 'no income tax' and 'individual right' in the state constitution.

So, they jacks up property tax to $10K per year (on house I built for $15K!) and have a 10% sales tax.
If ya wanna work or play in yer own woods ya need a job at the airplane or computer place to pay the taxes!
If ya wanna burn slash ya gotta limit to 3 ft pile and sit nearby wit a hot dog.

An' iff'n the missus want to live near a big city, then there is big taxes for supporting liberal causes and trains between yuppie enclaves with only stops to pickup the $15 min wage workers to get to McD's and the maid jobs.

Did anybody mention the rain - only 35" a year, but about 0.1" per day.

Only 35"... oh you live in Renton... 30 miles north we average 80", a few more miles 100+, Go west and its in the 150s

If Wrashington anything like Oregonyun a lot of the woods around here are infested with tweaker type creatures. More than a few carry AK47's, SKS's, and AR's robbed from unsecured gun owners homes. Well the ones not traded for meth anyway. The reason they seem to be in the woods is they can manufacture their drugs there with fewer eyes on. So they live closer to the source from what residents are telling me. Bring back the Grizzlies and make the tweaker extinct, please Mr/s lawmaker. Enough rant but I always felt pretty safe in the woods and outlying areas though maybe not so much anymore.

We get 35-40" of rain here. And 40+" of snow. I was thinking all the pnw rain was a bunch of hype for a second.

The mountains make for little micro climates, the Olympics get most of the rain, but then the west sound area is fairly dry, then it sorta skips over south sound and slams into the cascades again, eastern WA is pretty much a desert, until you slam into the rocky's on the Idaho border.

Then within the mountains themselves you can have leeward and exposed sides that will have dramatically different rain and weather. Some areas will never get direct sunlight, hence why we have so many ice packs and glaciers around here, even though its really not all that cold, just never get enough sun to do any good.

Talked to a couple timber fallers yesterday ,they were dropping snow covered trees ,they said they were snow covered when they hit the ground from the wind of the tree blowing snow all over ,nice change from the rain anyways ,its dryer now and the ground is hard ,not mud .

Latest posts

Back