This Could Be My Last Post!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's all fine and dandy until you have kids and then you are allowed to own them but not run them because "you will wake the baby"!

That's why I'm on here and not "out there"!

Dibbs,

I raised 2 and they can't sleep all of the time.

If you run it enough they will get used to it and sleep right through it!
I promise.

Mike

It has a much smaller engine (106cc vs. 137cc), and a reduction gear at the front of the powerhead, to reduce chain speed for more torque - I allways wondered why it was called 090G and not 070G.........

Thanks SawTroll! :)

First off....I HATE YOU!! ha ha.. just jealous.

i don't need one of those things but i sure wouldn't mind getting one.

congrats on the saw, it looks great.

Nope, it's not an 090G, but still in very very nice condition! You may have a hard time finding a rim-drive drum for it. It took me a few weeks of watching eBay to grab one, but maybe your dealers would have a few kicking around.

I called my dealer today and the clutch drum is still available (about $26.00). The adjuster is also available. In a week or so I should be able to cut wood!

The 1/2" chain that was on it, was that a popular chain back in the day?

090s came with either .404 or 1/2" chain, with .404 being more popular - that's why some wondered if it was a "G" at first, since 1/2" was more common on them. That's a good price on that drum too - I paid considerably more than that before shipping last year. You're going to have fun cutting with that saw, though your hands won't like it much. Get a nice long bar and stick it in some big wood though, or you might not be really impressed with its cutting ability.

I don't have kids of my own, but based on those in my family it seems that they will adapt to your lifestyle & noise far better than most think. My cousin and his wife were super-duper careful about being really quiet when the baby's asleep and being home at bedtime, and now the kid CAN'T (or won't) sleep anywhere but at home and the slightest noise wakes him. On the other hand, I can remember my brother being sprawled out on the floor asleep in front of the TV with a hockey game blaring when he was little.

Last edited:
The 1/2" chain that was on it, was that a popular chain back in the day?
My Stihl dealer told me that 1/2" chain was outlawed because it was too dangerous.

My 090 wears .404 chain.
I acquired a Homelite Wiz 66 that has 1/2" chain on it.
They used to use a two man bar on it with 3/4" chain. I have the bar and chain but don't have the drive sprocket for the 3/4" chain.

I think the main reason 1/2" chain disappeared was that most chainsaw manufactures went strictly to direct drive model saws, and the demand for 1/2" chain quickly fail. By the way, nice 090.

It has a much smaller engine (106cc vs. 137cc), and a reduction gear at the front of the powerhead, to reduce chain speed for more torque - I allways wondered why it was called 090G and not 070G.........

Troll you never cease to fascinate!
:yourock:
-br

Latest posts

Back