This IS ARBORISTsite!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought you knew everything and you don't know who Cliff Claven is.?

I'm sure he does. You know, pdq, probably just trying to play stupid.

Nope. I don't know everything, but I do play a really mean game of Trivial Pursuits.

I don't need to play stupid, sometimes it comes to me naturally. I have no knowledge whatsoever about any professional or college sports, and I am pretty clueless on anything related to television, movies, or celebrities. So yes, I had to look up Cliff Claven.

BTW: I loved the link and the comparison. :laugh:

I use to come in here to learn, share, and catch up on latest techniques, and news of storm damage, etc. Now in scrolling I find nothing new, just a bunch of old buddies trading insults, and trashing eachother.
No I don't have alot of posts, that's because mostly I learned from others, and tried to contribute when I thought I could benefit someone, or really wanted to know or learn something new. I used this site as a resource.
Now the only thing "resourceful" is amount of, and creativeness of the insults.
To the original post...its the petty bickering, and name calling, and bad mouthing that has turned alot of tree enthusiasts away from the site...however I don't pretend to know how to change that.
Scrolling through the entire forum, I found nothing that even interested me.
Personally I don't think I'll hang around long. This pettirness gets old in a hurry, and I don't find it very educational to exchange insults.

Hey Master Dlaster you still working at mc donalds??

I seem to remember them pics of yours from 10+years ago,Just assuming you no longer do tree work

I think there isn't a lot of arboriculture discussion going on here partly because most of those questions have been answered and don't really require any discussion, and partly because this is just a place to unwind at the end of the day. Much like the logging forum where not a whole lot of logging ever really gets discussed, it's kind of like a tree guy bar. We have a few laughs, poke a little fun, occasionally talk shop, and sometimes after a few too many, fights break out and get broken up but we're mostly all friends again the next day. There's plenty of guys with certificates who know jack, and plenty of guys without who know a whole lot, and plenty to fill the spectrum in between. What separates this particular forum on this site, is that it's the commercial tree care and climbing forum. That means money is changing hands, and this is a full time occupation for most of us here. It puts bread on the table and keeps our family taken care of. Nothing against guys who are part timers, or trying to break in to the industry... but there is certainly a distinction to be drawn between the two. Living the dream (or the nightmare) and all the things that go along with it bring you to a certain viewpoint that most others just can't appreciate. Kinda nice to have a place where you can at least pick an argument with someone who understands your viewpoint, even if he is completely opposed to it.

Shaun

Imagineero...that was probably one of the best posts ever, and explained really well my views. Because I am not much of a socialite, and prefer not to unwind by exchanging a bunch of insults....doesn't make me less of an arborist, and doesn't insult the forum, or anyone else if I choose not to participate.

Imagineero...that was probably one of the best posts ever, and explained really well my views. Because I am not much of a socialite, and prefer not to unwind by exchanging a bunch of insults....doesn't make me less of an arborist, and doesn't insult the forum, or anyone else if I choose not to participate.

With all due respect (I guess), I'm still hearing a bunch of crying. It's AS, take it or leave it.. hardly the end of the world if it doesn't suit your taste. Like my old man used to say "don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out". :laugh:

With all due respect (I guess), I'm still hearing a bunch of crying. It's AS, take it or leave it.. hardly the end of the world if it doesn't suit your taste. Like my old man used to say "don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out". :laugh:
My old man used to say "don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya "lol

Sent from Phil Robertson's beard

I started coming to AS to learn, this next year I plan on taking the Arborist exam. After the site was shut down, or hacked, or whatever the reason was I couldn't get to the site for most of the summer, I was excited to see it back up, but its not the same site of information it was when i joined. Just my 2 cents.

Run along, kitty, the grown ups are talking here.

Since I did a quick "once-over" on this thread and saw the love each and everyone is giving each other, I didn't want you to feel I was neglecting you, so here's my 2 cent$ to your statement directed at me...

Sorry to take so long in my reply CornflakesMaster, but do you have any ointment I could use? You know, for the vicious arse-whoopin' your face gave to my knuckles.

StihlRockin' LOL! :laugh:

Since I did a quick "once-over" on this thread and saw the love each and everyone is giving each other, I didn't want you to feel I was neglecting you, so here's my 2 cent$ to your statement directed at me...

Sorry to take so long in my reply CornflakesMaster, but do you have any ointment I could use? You know, for the vicious arse-whoopin' your face gave to my knuckles.

StihlRockin' LOL! :laugh:

Mmm... I dunno, still seems kinda weak to me. Just not seeing this "vicious arse whooping" you speak of. Might wanna take some more time. Just saying. :)

Back