This is it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you got this.....winter is shot.

I definitely quit prematurely, about 3 weeks ago but cleaned everything and no re-firing after that. Lol
I made the mistake of a premature clean out a few years ago. Weather got cold for a week and stubborn me had a cold house aside from the heat given off by the fireplace. Probably burned 3-4 times the amount of wood than I would have in the boiler.

I run my Garn year around but I am down from three loads every 24 hours to one load. It did start leaking water in late Dec so I am planning a shut down around May first to hopefully fix the leak. I have had to add about 1,000 gallons of water to make it this far. I have fire wood ready and I am just cheap and don't want to buy propane so I have been keeping it running. I hope I can fix the leak or I may be out of the wood cutting business. Getting too old to buy another unit and think it will ever pay for it self. This one is only nine years old. Its only been shut down one summer during that time.

I shut mine down early last week. I would have liked another week of wood, but I was out and I didn't feel like going and getting more. Heat pump only ran a few times, so it wasn't too big of a deal.

Latest posts

Back