Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite brand

• Stihl

Votes: 36 45.6%
  • Husqvarna

Votes: 33 41.8%
  • Dolmar

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Jonsered

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Echo

Votes: 13 16.5%

• Total voters

stihl ms

Chris
Reaction score
As the title says. What are the your "must have" "Hi-Tech parts" ?
1.Is it the super light weight bars?
2.Is it the best powerful powerhead?
3. Is it the best chain?

What is the saws, parts, Hi-Tech goodies that you had to have and if not, you would lose sleep over it.

Also what do you like about chainsaws? Is it the sound? Is it the feeling of a screeching engine in your hands? Or even the looks of your favorite saw(s) part(s)? Etc. Etc.

As usual we all need to post some pics.

I will start first,
Stihl 661R. No, I didn't need this saw but had to have it. The price hurt. But my C.A.D. Kicked in and you guys helped. Lol

Attachments

• KIMG0711.JPG
    KIMG0711.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 68
  • KIMG0708.JPG
    KIMG0708.JPG
    361.9 KB · Views: 63
I have a thing for big saws. 90cc and up. I have too many "project saws" needing parts to spend money on those fancy bars. I've considered paring down my collection to just a couple nice saws but these basket case saws keep drawing me back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HA,, not a hobby for me either... Needed saws to block firewood,,, came here to learn all I could about finding, servicing, using saws... Got some some older Poulans and Homelites, that I keep in shape and were cheap to pick up on the used market,,, served me well for many years now...
Just have to weigh the cost of chains, bars, fuel line, carb kits against the price of natural gas... saws are cheap!!!!

Back