Thought I was finished.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alleyyooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have let thr furnace go out several times not thinking we would not want any more heating. But ma nature has came along with some nasty cold damp and windy weather, one of our coldest Aprils ever.

Tuesday it was 70F for th ehigh, Wednesday morning rolls around and it is raining and windy figure it is going to may be warm up as the day went but the temps kept falling. At 3:00 PM i am told to go start a fire as it is cooling off in the house.
Now this morning it is raining yet or still how ever you look at it.
I just went down and thru a chunk of Ash on the coals from last nights burn for the day and tonight.

Al

For the past month I've been running the stove still in the morning to take the chill off about half of the says. A mild, warm winter has made for a brisk, wet and chilly early spring. Once the sun gets high enough, the wood heat and radiant solar heat combined makes the indoors very comfortable, so I then just let the fire burn out around noon. Only need to load once or twice with some small pieces. Good thing too, because before spring came I moved the last 1/8 cord of seasoned hickory under my deck where it can remain dry. Doesn't take much hickory to get a stove hot! The rest I'm just going to use as cooking wood for smoking meats.

This time last year, I had the stove all cleaned up and put away a few weeks prior.

It snowed 6" here a couple days ago.

This time of year, and late fall, is mini-split time here. Cheap heat & no thinking about making & keeping a fire. That kind of gets old doing it all winter. Plus there is the a/c thing in the summer...

I tend the fire as our only source of heat.
I have heard of this thing in the summer being used called AC but our house doen't have any thing other than a few fans and I own a few thongs for when it is really really hot.

Al

Well let the fire go out again yesterday will see how long it will last this go.
For cast is calling for mid 30 Nights mid week coming up. Days below normal in th emid 50's also.

Al

Well Monday morning it is cold in the house. Out side it is only 40F with a wind chill of 33F. By 9:00 A had a nice cozy fire warming the house back up to human confort level.

Al

Doing the same here. 40 for a low with chances of rain and in the 50's tomorrow, so.....I lit er up.
576e5d66a10aabbafccf782270b35024.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Had a warm spell over the past few days, even had to turn on the AC (yes, I love the AC and cool temps, I don't care if you live without it - too warm makes me miserable, can't sleep, sweat too much). I cleaned up the stove and put the ash vac away, but now it seems a spell of cooler weather with some nights dipping into the upper 30's is in the forecast. Might have a few chilly morning, but with the high sun it'll warm the house up by noon. I'm done burning until autumn.

Was 78° on Sunday was out on the bike . Today around 55 calling for rain snow this Saturday this rollercoaster has to stop.
Memorial Day is the start of more favorable weather in my neck of northern Calif., never trust the forcasters till then, I’m half way between Tahoe and Sacramento. Still cleaning up from March snow-mageddon! Had my burnpiles going for going on 2 months now! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.AA5F29CC-3EF3-4174-81E6-9472AE37A6A7.jpeg230A1CAB-0301-4288-A73D-0F18F3FBB7E1.jpeg4B6B3216-5067-4CFC-AE91-66D805202FEC.jpeg

Yesterday returning home from my largest lawn mowing job thr trucks read out said 51F, that doesn't show wind chill.
Walk in the house and look at the weather station, wind chill read out was 45F. That warm house felt good to my cold body I know that. Glad I had stuffed thre furnace before I left.

qOYYGso.jpg

Al

OK Griz, we need more pics of your property!!!!!!!

I see a cool teepee, a stone well, and a kids' tree fort. You rock, but we need pics!

As for me, I got a fire going right now, and it looks like we'll need a couple more this week. My firewood bundles are selling like hotcakes this Spring! Just got an order for 50 more bundles from the hardware store. I had 25 put together, when the gas station called for 10 more. Glad I took down that maple at our church! If we get a good autumn, it'll be completely gone by winter.

Back