Thoughts and prayers for Tree sling'r (Jasha) who is in surgery.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will actually be in the house a lot, I have a handful of ISA certs to study for. My injury is actually going to end up being a promotion for my job. So I need more certs. Not a bad thing.

So a good result from a bad occurrence. That's a positive way to look at it. I wish you well.

Jasha,
My thoughts are out to you.
I can certainly relate; May 5, 2010, Blunt Force Trauma, Right Forearm. Looking at your picture about the same spot. Long road ahead.
Just from own experience, it was about 6/7 months before i could even scratch my backside without ending up on the ceiling. It was Summer 2011 before I had enough strength to pick up a saw and hang on. The nerves in my arm have healed all they are going to, meaning half of my hand is still numb, ring, pinkie finger and lower forearm. Strange as it may be thou, I am cutting 3 to 4 days a week and the vibrations from the saws actually feel good on my hand and arm.
Please understand, Im not trying to play my injury is not better or worse than yours, just telling a story about my experience.
Thoughts and prayers from someone who has lived a little.
Rob

Jasha,
My thoughts are out to you.
I can certainly relate; May 5, 2010, Blunt Force Trauma, Right Forearm. Looking at your picture about the same spot. Long road ahead.
Just from own experience, it was about 6/7 months before i could even scratch my backside without ending up on the ceiling. It was Summer 2011 before I had enough strength to pick up a saw and hang on. The nerves in my arm have healed all they are going to, meaning half of my hand is still numb, ring, pinkie finger and lower forearm. Strange as it may be thou, I am cutting 3 to 4 days a week and the vibrations from the saws actually feel good on my hand and arm.
Please understand, Im not trying to play my injury is not better or worse than yours, just telling a story about my experience.
Thoughts and prayers from someone who has lived a little.
Rob

Slinger, :)

When I got burned in '97, I lost all the blood veins in the backs of my hands. I had grafts all around both hands and wrists. I had strength but no stamina. I could pick up my tool box, or a saw, but not hold it. Two or three seconds top. Eventually those veins returned, and my stamina too.....

The body is an amazing thing....

Still going to work on that 757 soon......... :) A suggestion was made that the air leak could be on the carburetor? Wouldn't ether test for that?

Last edited:
Hi Slinger
Glad that you are home with the family.Your attitude through all this has been amazing.
I had a very minor injury compared to any that have been mentioned,but after it healed i had half a finger that had no feeling.So at my anuall visit with my Doc,i questioned if there was any options to deal with it.I was told to just let my body do it's thing.Try not to let it freeze,a real danger for me i work in the winter outside,and have the ability to work in the cold without gloves.
Anyhow it's taken a few yrs but the feeling has come back,not totaly yet,but i can now feel when it touches something,and it dosn't get cold to the touch as easy anymore.
With your positive attitude you have a big advantage in recovery then the people that lay in a bed and feel sorry for themselves.
Do a little reading on altertative healing,find out what your body needs to rebuild itself,and eat healthy.
Take Care Thomas

Thanks everyone. So far recovery is going decent. The skin graft on my leg is a pain, I am looking forward to it healing so I can start running again.

Latest posts

Back