Thoughts and prayers for Tree sling'r (Jasha) who is in surgery.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone. So far recovery is going decent. The skin graft on my leg is a pain, I am looking forward to it healing so I can start running again.

When I had my pinky repaired a few years ago, I had more actual pain and aggrevation from the area where they took the skin to repair it with, than I had with the finger. (except for the day it happened)

Mike

Skin grafts from your thigh are a pain. But they eventually heal, and almost disappear.

Considering the alternative, they aren't bad......

:)

Was thinking about you this morning Jasha. Had some wood clogging up the chipper, and had to clear it. Even with a jack holding the feed wheel up, it was still unnerving to watch my boss stick his hands in there to pull out the last couple of pieces. Hope your recovery is going well.

I will be recuperating with slinger. I got my hand in ,a chop saw on Sunday, had rJeconstructive surgery yesterday ,

I will actually be in the house a lot, I have a handful of ISA certs to study for. My injury is actually going to end up being a promotion for my job. So I need more certs. Not a bad thing.

That's the right attitude, no point wasting the recovery time doing nothing, when you have the opportunity! :msp_thumbup:

Ouch what kind of chop saw?

The man got his hand in a chop saw and you want to know what brand!!! :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange: Not what you should ask...R, how big of a chop saw? :yoyo:

I hope both of you are doing well. I've had my share of injuries...motocross racing sent me to the hospital when I was 13 and I left with a skin graft and what looks like a shark-bite chunck of my L heel missing. Razor to the thumb--70 odd stitches- still have some numbness and limited ROM. Broken nose- deviated septum repair--miserable surgery. Shattered ankle--13 assorted screws and couple of plates--can you say morphine drip for days. Torn ACL- thought it was bad at the time, easy-peasy looking back. Two rotator cuff repairs. Labrum repair--worse than the rotator repairs.........orthopaedic surgeons and pain meds have gotten me through a lot.

TS, hang in there...

The man got his hand in a chop saw and you want to know what brand!!! :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange: Not what you should ask...R, how big of a chop saw? :yoyo:

I hope both of you are doing well. I've had my share of injuries...motocross racing sent me to the hospital when I was 13 and I left with a skin graft and what looks like a shark-bite chunck of my L heel missing. Razor to the thumb--70 odd stitches- still have some numbness and limited ROM. Broken nose- deviated septum repair--miserable surgery. Shattered ankle--13 assorted screws and couple of plates--can you say morphine drip for days. Torn ACL- thought it was bad at the time, easy-peasy looking back. Two rotator cuff repairs. Labrum repair--worse than the rotator repairs.........orthopaedic surgeons and pain meds have gotten me through a lot.

TS, hang in there...

Bet you set off metal detectors? LOL Not really funny,man your a mess!

Bet you set off metal detectors? LOL Not really funny,man your a mess!

I had nearly all of the screws and both plates taken out when I had my first rotator repair. That was the best feeling in the world. I couldn't wear boots and higher-topped tennis shoes bc of the positioning of the plate.

The rotator repairs used absorbable screws- you can't even see them now.

I have also had my upper jaw cut loose from from my face, as well as having the lower jaw cut in to, and everything realigned. I had TMJ, an over-bite, and I was wearing my back teeth away at a rate that couldn't be sustatined. I couldn't eat solids for a month. I remember grinding my Christmas ham in a food processor and letting it melt in my mouth. I lived on ice cream (yes, you can get tired of ice cream everyday!!), grits, and peanut butter. I lost 30lbs...don't worry, I have found every one of those pounds and a few bonus pounds!!!

It was a slIdIng compound saw. The worsT Thing is trimmmed will probably give me a yellow mark for hijacking the thread. It's tough to type on thIs lIttle phone, please forgive my grammar PDQ, even worse is that I can see that small type. I don't know why I complain though I have plenty of time to do it. lol

It was a slIdIng compound saw. The worsT Thing is trimmmed will probably give me a yellow mark for hijacking the thread. It's tough to type on thIs lIttle phone, please forgive my grammar PDQ, even worse is that I can see that small type. I don't know why I complain though I have plenty of time to do it. lol

Hope you're okay mang! :(

How in the hell did you get your hand in the way?

Back